Truck Driver - No CDL Needed!
AMAZING INDIVIDUALS WORKING FOR POSITIVE PEOPLE at AIDS Healthcare Foundation!
Does the idea of doing something that really makes a difference in people's lives while being well-compensated intrigue you? Are you looking to work for an organization that encourages growth and success from each and every one of its employees?
If so, AIDS Healthcare Foundation is the place for you!
Founded in 1987, AIDS Healthcare Foundation is the largest specialized provider of HIV/AIDS medical care in the nation. Our mission is to provide cutting edge medicine and advocacy, regardless of ability to pay. Through our healthcare centers, pharmacies, health plan, research and other activities, AHF provides access to the latest HIV treatments for all who need them.
AHF's core values are to be:
- Value Employees
- Respect for Diversity
- Fight for What's Right
STILL INTERESTED? Please continue!
- Life Insurance
- 401 (k) Plan
- Sick Leave and More!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Must understand and comply with all CalOSHA, Department of Motor Vehicles, AHF/OTC safety guidelines and general policies and procedures.
- Services van in accordance with AHF/OTC vehicle maintenance policy.
- Promptly reports any defect or malfunction to Dispatch Supervisor.
- Conducts daily maintenance routine on vehicle and completes checklist; submits completed log prior to departure to the Dispatch Supervisor.
- Responsible for the appropriate use and upkeep of all equipment provided by AHF/OTC (including, but not limited to, pagers, safety belt, dollies, etc.)
- Completes inventory control sheet at each pick-up site and submits completed form to Dispatch Supervisor.
- Drives truck to loading point and consults donor on donated items to be loaded.
- Wraps furniture with blankets to prevent damage.
- Wraps dishes and fragile items in packing paper and packs them into containers as needed.
- Gives directions to helpers in moving articles to truck.
- Loads truck, distributes weight evenly, forms compact load and utilizes space.
- Ensures completion of customer donation receipt(s).
- Ensures total guest/donor satisfaction.
- Delivers and unloads donated items(clothes, furniture, appliances, etc.) to appropriate retail stores or other location as specified by supervisor.
- Participation in AHF Meetings/Committees
- Attends AHF Drivers Meeting.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or one to three months related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Basic Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Intermediate Skills: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Other Skills & Abilities/Qualifications:
- Clean driving record.
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays, evenings.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Previous experience driving a 15 ft. high cube, 1 ton vehicle preferred.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
Valid California Driver's License.
We at AIDS Healthcare Foundation believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.
Apply Online Below