Vending Route Driver
Filling, collecting money from, taking meter readings, inventorying and cleaning vending machines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Job Competencies (Dimensions) and reasons needed
- Handles, collects and protects money.
- Orders the correct quantity and type of products needed to fill vending machines to maximize sales and minimize product loss due to stale product.
- Checks the accuracy of product issued.
- Performs basic vending equipment troubleshooting and repairs.
- Inventories product in the machines.
- Makes special deliveries to customers who notify the office of service needed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Cleans machines to make customer purchase experiences appealing and to improve the taste of liquid products.
- Handles customer complaints in an efficient and professional manner.
- Maintains the truck in good working order at all times to minimize repair expense.
- Requires good oral and written communication skills to work effectively with others inside and outside departmental boundaries, at remote locations and/or outside the company.
- Requires good organization skills to produce quality work, within required specifications, to meet tight schedules.
- Job requires initiative and ability to influence events, rather than passively accepting them, in order to achieve goals. This means being proactive and a self-starter and going beyond specific job responsibilities to ensure goals are achieved or exceeded.
- Requires ability to operate a handheld scanner accurately.
- Requires material handling skills to minimize product loss (cold food spoilage, stales and damage).
- Requires accurate record keeping skills (for example, odometer readings and gasoline receipts).
- Requires ability to follow written instructions to provide the service required at each machine (for example, checking the master sheet).
- Requires ability to operate a route truck safely.
- Requires ability to balance sales to cash collected.
- Requires familiarity with the Austin area.
- Must be at least 25 years of age with a clear driving record
- Must have clean background
- Environment that requires lifting materials, weighing up to 50 pounds approximately 40% of the time. For example, lifting one to two cases of soda at a time, in to and out of the truck.
- Environment that requires spending 10 - 20 percent of the time sitting behind the wheel of a delivery truck.
The position description information above and the following job level requirements have been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the subject position(s).
Job Level Requirements Summary
Other level 1 responsibilities/requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Entry Level 1: Requires following standard practices and procedures to solve problems. Must be able to analyze situations of the type from which answers may be readily obtained by effectively applying common sense. Works from detailed instructions and participates in team efforts. The job specifications are normally acquired through completion of a High School diploma or equivalent work experience.
- Learns and applies company policies, practices and procedures to accurately and expediently complete assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Becomes fully proficient in all job-related areas.
Apply Online Below