Class A - CDL Transport Truck Driver
To transport and deliver petroleum products to customers by applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations and roads in the area. The truck driver will be responsible for driving to and from designated locations, verifying loads to shipping papers, maintaining record of "Duty Status" according to state and federal regulations. Perform "Pre-trip & Post-trip" inspections.
Work Schedule: Must have open availability any time, any day of the week. Be able to work irregular work schedules.
Essential Duties: (may include but are not limited to)
- Participate in day-to-day details of crew life in camp and at work.
- Operate and perform minor maintenance on vehicles and various other types of equipment.
- Wear the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) daily.
- Arrive at location on time.
- Enforce and adhere to the company's policies all the time.
- Operate company equipment in a safe and professional manner.
- Participate in Job Progression program.
- Communicate daily with Crew Leaders, Supervisors and Safety Personnel.
- Complete and submit professional documentation such as: time sheets, daily and weekly reports, and incident reports on time, legibly.
- Inspect trucks for defects and safe operating condition before, during and after trips. Submit a written report on the condition of the truck.
- Check shipping papers to determine the nature of the load and verify for accuracy.
- Operate truck to and from designated destinations as DOT rules allow for "Hours of Service" for the Oil & Gas Industry.
- Operate trucks in inclement weather, which would include moving forward and backwards in difficult situations.
- Report all accident and incidents involving drivers or company equipment.
- Report any delays due to breakdowns, weather or traffic conditions or other emergencies or in the event of irregularities relating to pickup or delivery of petroleum products.
- Maintain records required for compliance with state and federal regulations including driver's "Record of Status", mileage records and all other records required by law.
- Perform fuel transfers with Helpers, Fuel Technicians, Master Fuel Technicians, Crew Leaders and Supervisors.
- Perform all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Comply with all federal, state and local regulations for the safe operation of a commercial motor vehicle.
- Attend required company trainings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Class A or B CDL with Hazmat & Tanker endorsements (X)
- Experience with Microsoft office preferred.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Must be a proven team player.
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
- Experience in dealing with government auditors.
- Knowledge of Department of Transportation Compliance.
- Knowledge of OSHA Compliance.
- Ability to speak, write and read the English language.
- Able to work alone on a broad variety of projects.
- Able to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity, creativity to changing needs and situations.
- Able to establish and maintain healthy working relationships with people in course of work.
- Ability to perform simple mathematical calculations.
- Must have the mental ability to handle receipts, read maps, road signs and maintain record of "Duty Status".
- Must have working knowledge of vehicle safety and control systems.
- Must have knowledge of Department of Transportation regulations governing safe driving, "Hours of Service", inspection and maintenance.
- Must meet or exceed the medical standards of the U.S. DEPT OF TRANSPORTATION.
- Must possess a valid Class A or Class B driver's license with tankers and hazmat endorsements.
- Must have a previous commercial driving experience, or have graduated from an accredited commercial driving school.
- Must have driving skills to maneuver vehicle at varying speeds in difficult situations.
- Must satisfactorily pass a drug, alcohol and background check.
- Must be insurable with the company.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Have the ability to bend, stoop, kneel, pull, push & lift all types of hoses, equipment and tools to complete the necessary tasks.
- Have the ability to climb ladders to check holding tanks on top of equipment.
- Must be able to sit and remain alert while driving for an aggregate period of time.
- Must be able to shift manual transmission and operate foot pedals.
- Must be able to enter and exit truck cab up to 24 times a day.
- Must be able to reach above shoulder level; bend at waist level & below waist level for maneuvering and directing the controls to operate the truck.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time in all types of weather (i.e., hot weather, wind, rain and cold weather).
What We Offer
- Competitive Pay
- Potential Bonus Incentives
- Full Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Lodging Provided
Apply Online Below