Company: Metropolitan Meat, Seafood, and Poultry
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
General Summary :
This is a delivery position responsible for driving a straight truck for the purpose of delivering and unloading various products for Sysco customers. This requires using excellent customer service skills, and working in accordance with state and DOT regulations and Sysco Safety Preferred Work Methods.
Overtime hours, working weekends and holidays, and starting at various early morning start times are required in order to successfully meet customers' needs.
An individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Operate vehicle in a variety of traffic and weather conditions.
- Meet or exceed minimum productivity levels established by the Company.
- Meet or exceed established cases per error goals
- Demonstrate strong customer relations and problem resolution skills.
- Effectively plan and organize work activities independent of direct supervision.
- Develop a good working knowledge of product and inventory control techniques and procedures.
- Maintain ongoing inter-department communications related to routing, safety, and customer relations.
- Deliver product within assigned route schedule and time windows. Immediately inform management team of any deviations.
- Unload product from trailer, by hand or using hand cart, and place in designated customer storage areas. May include transporting product down ramps, stairs, or docks, in all weather conditions.
- Frequently lift, push, or move product that weighs 1-75 pounds, up to 100 pounds; frequently reach up to 72" to stack and unstack pallets and hand cart; constantly bend and twist while loading and unloading product, and retrieving items from trailer.
- Operate assigned SLS unit to generate invoices. Verify delivery of items with customer and obtain proper signatures. Contact management for authorization when discrepancies on invoice and communicate all errors/returns.
- Collect money (cash or checks) where required, and turn in all funds collected daily.
- Pickup, load and unload damaged goods and customer returns, and complete necessary paperwork.
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip responsibilities in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and Sysco policies and procedures.
- Perform coupling procedures for the tractor/trailer as needed.
- Complete Department of Transportation (DOT) logs (electronic or manual as required), company vehicle maintenance reports and reconcile with appropriate company representative as required.
- Follow SyscoSafe preferred work methods at all times, and immediately advise supervisor of any unsafe conditions.
- Maintain sanitary conditions in truck,tractor and trailer and assist with maintaining sanitary conditions in the warehouse and yard.
- Maintain and safely operate all assigned equipment, including but not limited to hand cart, pallets, load bars, SLS unit, and personal protective equipment.
- Attend all required company meetings.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Basic Requirements :
- Must be 21+ years of age
- Valid Class A, B or C Non or Commercial Driver's License with a "clean" driving record (including: no single DUI in the last 3 years and no multiple DUIs within the last 10 years)
- 1 year food delivery driving experience
- Able to read, write and communicate in English as it relates to the job and to the safety regulations
- Must have basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide).
- Must pass pre-employment testing (Drug Screen, Background Check, Physical Abilities Test)
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 2 years local food or beverage delivery experience
- CDL class A
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, the following certifications: Double and Triple Trailer; Hazardous Cargo
- Pallet breakdown and hand cart delivery experience
- Previous experience at Sysco or in foodservice industry
To be successful in this position, the individual performing the duties must successfully demonstrate the following competencies:
- Building Customer Loyalty
- Managing Work
- Building Trust
For questions regarding the status of your application, please contact John Anang at 301-772-0060
or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis without future employment sponsorship.
Metropolitan Meat, Seafood, and Poultry is proud to be an EEO/AA employer - M/F/D/V.
This opportunity is available through Metropolitan Meat, Seafood, and Poultry. This is not a Corporate position.
All hiring decisions will be made at the sole discretion of Metropolitan Meat, Seafood, and Poultry.