DB Schenker combines all transport and logistics activities of Deutsche Bahn, employing over 91,000 staff spread across about 2,000 locations in about 130 countries. With turnover of over 19 billion Euros, DB Schenker is a leader in air and ocean transport, in European land transport on road and rail, in contract logistics, as well as in a global supply chain management.
Responsible for pick up and delivery of inbound and outbound to customer location, using company vehicles at least 50% of the time.
Principal Accountabilities (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations.):
• Verify shipment-bills for required information and load freight onto trucks
• Unload freight from trucks and weigh/check dimensions compared to shipper's calculations
• Sort outbound freight betwe en overnight and second-day and load ULD and trucks
• Deliver freight to customer location using company vehicles
• Recover freight from customer location using company vehicles
Education, Knowledge, Experience and Skills Required for Position:
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Generally prefer 2-4 years of experience
• Position requires valid Commercial Drivers License, class dependent on job requirements
• Good interpersonal skills required
External Applicants - Please download the Application Form from our website at:
Internal Applicants - Interested individuals should forward their completed Internal Employment Transfer Application, found in the Human Resources section of the Schenker US Library, to the below contact person, and also inform their current Supervisor and/or Branch Manager of their interest in this position.
ALL Applicants should submit the appropriate application documents, as described above, to email@example.com.
No resumes will be accepted without the required application documents. When applying, please reference the "Requisition Number" indicated on this posting.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled