|This position is for local residents only.
DB Schenker combines all transport and logistics activities of Deutsche Bahn, employing over 91,000 staff spread across about 2,000 locations in about 130 countries. With turnover of over 19 billion Euros, DB Schenker is a leader in air and ocean transport, in European land transport on road and rail, in contract logistics, as well as in a global supply chain management.
Job Title: Yard Driver
Requisition Number: 17HTI312
Location: Mobile, AL
Reports to: Transportation Supervisor
Prepared Date: 10/6/2017
Position Description Summary:
Primarily responsible for the movement of trailers on the yard in and out of doors, sealing trailers, and keeping the yard orderly.
Principal Accountabilities (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations.):
• Preventative maintenance of the yard truck.
• Maintains radio or telephone contact
• Moves trailers in and out of the docks in a timely manner.
• Must maintain the yard tractor and warehouse in an organized and clean manner to ensure safety and good manufacturing processes.
• Interact with warehouse team members to maximize output and efficiency.
• Inspect truck and trailer equipment to ensure road worthiness and notifies supervisor of current or anticipated repairs
• Load trucks as needed
• Use RF Computer System for Trailer Inventory Control
• Perform all functions of a Warehouse Associate
• All other duties as assigned.
• The individual in this position must be capable of performing all of the essential functions with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Education, Knowledge, Experience and Skills Required for Position
(The following minimum requirements are normal guidelines and should not constrain the advancement of otherwise qualified personnel):
Good interpersonal skills required. High school diploma or equivalent required. Possess a clean and valid driver's license. Effective written and oral communication skills required. Proficient in reading, writing and speaking English. Generally prefer 1-2 years of experience. Must be able to read, decode, and decipher freight coding; conform with DMV and DOL driving requirements to operate hand trucks and fork lifts; and perform tasks in inclement weather conditions.
Please download the application and applicable documents from our website at:
Or, Go To http://www.dbschenkerusa.com
Click on Careers > How to Appply > Download Application
Qualified candidates may submit their application and applicable documents to Todd.Stalzer@dbschenker.com - Please put Job Applied for and your Name in subject line.
No resumes will be accepted without an application.
When applying, please reference the "Requisition Number" indicated on this posting.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled