|Job Title: DRIVER
Requisition Number: 17CH068, 70, 40
Location: Des Plaines, IL
Reports to: Warehouse Manager
Prepared Date: 8/31/2017
Position Description Summary:
Primarily responsible for the safe and DOT compliant operation of regulated "semi" tractors, and/or tractor/trailer equipment. Operation of equipment will include movement of trailers on the yard, in and out of dock doors, sealing trailers, spotting services at the customer site and shuttling freight from the warehouse operations to and from the site facility. Operation of equipment will include state highway use as needed. As a warehouse operator the areas of responsibility may include: safely and efficiently loading and unloading trailers, staging material for shipment, interfacing with SAP and Warehouse Management Systems to ensure inventory accuracy as well as other functions directed by management.
Principal Accountabilities (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations.):
• Ensure a safe working environment through consistent practice of safety programs and procedures.
• Preventative maintenance of the yard tractor.
• Moves trailers in and out of the docks in a timely manner.
• Interacts with warehouse / site to maximize output and efficiency.
• Perform spotting services to the site operations as need to ensure operation is not interrupted.
• Inspect truck and trailer equipment to ensure road worthiness and notifies management of current or anticipated repairs.
• Fulfillment of DOT regulatory equipment inspections, and regulatory reporting for driving, fuel consumption, load records.
• Load and unload trucks as needed.
• Perform all functions of a warehouse associate.
• All other duties as assigned by management.
The individual in this position must be capable of performing all of the essential functions with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Must be able to pass any federal/state/local government, airport, or company-required background checks, clearances, and/or drug and alcohol tests.
Knowledge and Skills (The following minimum requirements are normal guidelines and should not constrain the advancement of otherwise qualified personnel):
• High School / GED education
• Must have a current, valid commercial driver's license (CDL-Class A)
• Prefer 1-2 years experience spotting trailers
• Be able to read, decode and decipher freight coding.
• Conform with DMV and DOL driving requirements.
• Able to perform tasks in inclement weather conditions and adjust to scheduling needs.
• Warehouse and forklift operation expereince perferred.
External Applicants - Please download the Application Form from our website at:
Internal Applicants - Interested individuals should forward their completed Internal Employment Transfer Application, found in the Human Resources section of the Schenker US Library, to the below contact person, and also inform their current Supervisor and/or Branch Manager of their interest in this position.
ALL Applicants should submit the appropriate application documents, as described above, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No resumes will be accepted without the required application documents. When applying, please reference the Requisition Number indicated on this posting.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled