DB Schenker is the world's leading global logistics provider - we support industry and trade in the global exchange of goods through land transport, worldwide air and ocean freight, contract logistics and supply chain management. Integrated logistics resides at the world's most important intersections, where the flow of goods creates an effective link between carriers. Our value-added services ensure the flow of goods continues seamlessly and supply chains stay lean and optimized for success. Our business holds top positions in automotive, technology, consumer goods, trade fair logistics, special transports, and special events logistics.
Position Description Summary:
Responsible for pick up and delivery of inbound and outbound to customer location, using company vehicles at least 50% of the time.
Principal Accountabilities (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations.):
* Verify shipment-bills for required information and load freight onto trucks
* Unload freight from trucks and weigh/check dimensions compared to shipper's calculations
* Sort outbound freight between overnight and second-day and load ULD and trucks
* Deliver freight to customer location using company vehicles
* Recover freight from customer location using company vehicles
The individual in this position must be capable of performing all of the essential functions with or without a reasonable accommodation.
* Must be able to pass any federal/state/local government, airport, or company-required background checks, clearances, and/or drug and alcohol tests.
Knowledge and Skills (The following minimum requirements are normal guidelines and should not constrain the advancement of otherwise qualified personnel):
* This is an intermediate level position.
* Good interpersonal skills required.
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* Generally prefer 2-4 years of experience.
* CDL not required for this role.
Equal Opportunity Employer