Penske is widely known for its success on the racetrack, but did you know we employ thousands of truck drivers? Join our team of professional truck drivers at Penske Logistics and you'll drive like a champion hauling freight for some of the world's best brands in retail, food, beverage, grocery, foodservice, automotive, manufacturing, electronics, appliances, healthcare, and packaging industries. We manage freight for companies like Ford, GM, BMW, Detroit Diesel, Goodyear, Cardinal Health, Whirlpool, and Wawa. Our professional truck drivers ensure products are delivered safely, efficiently and on-time.
Why Penske? Home daily for most positions. Excellent pay and benefits. Superior trucks and 24/7 roadside support. Dedicated accounts. Great supervisors. Paid time off. 401K. Cash balance pension plan. Training. Tuition Reimbursement. Unlimited career potential.
Route/Activity: This position is for a regional class A flatbed/curtain side driver. Driver will average 300-500 miles daily while delivering approximately 8-11 stops. Driver will be home most nights but some routes do require a 1 day layover up to twice per week with advanced notice. (All day cab drivers are required to maintain an overnight bag in the event driver is needed to layover under extenuating circumstances) This position is primarily touch free but may require some assistance moving product.
Days required to work: Monday thru Friday (Driver may also be required to work if location is placed on emergency relief)
Hours of duty: Start times vary depending on route. All drivers must report to the terminal with enough time to secure the load and arrive to the first customer when they open.
Power units & Trailers: This location operates all late model Freightliner sleepers & day cabs. Trailers consist of 48' flatbeds and curtain sides. We also occasionally pull 53' dry vans when needed.
Compensation: Pay for this position is activity based and as follows:
• $0.327 per mile (actual hub mileage)
• $8.32 per stop delivered
• $16.32 Tarp (per route rate)
• $25 Layover (per night)
• $16.32 Per Hour Delay (after 1st 30 minutes reported and paid in 6 minute increment's)
• $16.32 per hour for all meetings and straight truck runs.
Safety Bonus: This location offers the opportunity to earn a $1200 safety bonus annually. (Requirements for this bonus will be explained in orientation and driver must meet all criteria to qualify). We also have a yearly safety recognition program for all safe drivers.
• verify all pallet counts are correct and match route sheet
• Conduct pre & post trip inspections as outlined by the DOT
• Secure product without damage while following all location procedures and FMCSA load securement regulations
• Comply with Cell Comm usage policy
• Operate electronic logs as outlined in the company policy and federal regulations
• Verify all product delivered is accurate and all required paper work completed
• Comply with all local operating procedures
• Maintain professional appearance and demeanor at all times