|Part-Time Driver Coordinator
This position reports to the Transportation Operations Manager and is responsible for coordinating store deliveries, and vendor pick ups and dispatches drivers on shift from Distribution Center to stores, shipments between divisions and vendor freight to Distribution Center within budget. Position is based in City of Commerce, CA.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Planning, organizing and directing deliveries from the Distribution Center to the stores through effective scheduling and coordinating special delivery needs of other departments.
- Coordinates drivers and equipment to provide timely and cost effective deliveries to the stores and from vendors to distribution center.
- Considers budget, company policies, store location, volume, equipment availability, traffic patterns and local noise ordinances when scheduling.
- Assists in special routings (set-ups etc) to insure a cost efficient and expedient delivery, assists in planning and implementing driver's bids and holiday schedules, reviewing driver's daily paperwork.
- Assists in planning and implementing drivers' bids and holiday schedules
- Reviews drivers' daily paperwork
- Reviews trip sheets for accuracy and completion
- Provides reports as requested
- Dispatches drivers within company guidelines
- Participates in special projects, cost evaluations and recommendations as assigned
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- One to three years related experience and a working knowledge of State/Federal Department of Transportation rules and regulations is required
- Must be flexible to work various shifts
- Grocery experience a plus
- Must have general PC knowledge, Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word
- Logistics, Routing Software experience a plus
- Must work independently with demonstrated knowledge of Smart & Final dispatch and distribution operations desirable
Please submit resume and cover letter using the Apply Online link below
or Fax: (888) 881-1365