Division & Unit Overview
Matheson is a member of one of the world's largest suppliers of gases and gas handling equipment. Matheson is a premier supplier of Industrial, Specialty and Medical Gases, Welding and Safety Supplies, as well as Propane in bulk and cylinder form.
CDL "B" truck driver with tanker and HazMat endorsements, who will deliver and fill customer propane tanks from a Bobtail tank truck. Fills propane tanks cylinders and the Bobtail truck. Will be the "face" of the company to the customer, and will convey product, pricing and other related information to the customer.
Reports to Site or Operations Manager/Supervisor. Interacts with customers, Matheson sales, management and other operations personnel
- Drives Bobtail tank truck
- Fills Bobtail truck with propane and also fills other tanks and cylinders with propane
- Transfers and distributes bulk propane safely and in accordance to local, state, federal regulations along with Matheson procedures.
- Inspects and fills customer propane tanks in accordance with Valley safe work practices, regulatory compliance as is defined by the Safety Manual and Operations Policy manual.
- Conducts service and repairs to propane tanks to insure they comply with DOT and ASME standards
- Develops and maintains positive customer relations to insure proper account management. This includes feedback from the customer to management and sales representatives, offers suggestions to customers and keeps customers aware of any special promotions.
- Passes on sales leads to sales representatives.
- Completes and maintains daily paperwork and records such as manifests and records of deliveries for invoicing
- Inspection of equipment to insure proper working order, and that all equipment and materials are properly labeled.
- Basic math and reading skills.
- Ability to learn and comply with Matheson standards and DOT, OSHA, FDA NFPA and other government regulations dealing with, handling and delivery of compressed industrial and medical gases.
- Member/customer Dedication
- Market and Product knowledge
- Interpersonal and written communication skills
- High School diploma or GED equivalent or commensurate experience
- 6 month to 1 year experience as a delivery driver, gas industry experience a plus
- CDL Class B license with HazMat and tanker Endorsement