|Class A CDL Drivers Needed!
Local Atlanta CDL Drivers minimum 18 months experience AND Warehouse Order Selectors
AmeriCold Logistics, the largest provider of temperature controlled warehousing and distribution services in the US. is seeking Drivers to join the team at our Atlanta 3PL.
Open House Job Fair June 13th,2017
8am - 12pm
2000 Metcalf RD
Forest Park GA 30297
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Drive truck over established routes within an established territory.
- Provide safe and punctual delivery of products to or from customers
- Coordinating assigned activities with customers, other drivers, vendors, and the Transportation Department.
- Promote a safe work environment through personal actions. Identify any safety concerns, as well as cost saving opportunities.
- Process paperwork including fuel receipts, dispatch sheets, bill of ladings, unloading receipts, trucking logs, and shipping schedules.
- Review and or sign all BOLs prior to loading and during unloading.
- Deliver and pick-up trailers/containers at various warehouse locations.
- Relay information between ports-of-entry and warehouse.
- Fuel vehicle as needed and make arrangements for all maintenance.
- Follow all traffic laws including local, state and federal DOT regulations.
- Maintain all DOT vehicle logs as required by law as well as company documents.
- Perform daily pre and post trip equipment inspections.
- Deliver product to assigned customer locations according to the daily schedule.
- Be professional and courteous during all customer deliveries and interaction.
- Report any delivery discrepancies to operations team immediately upon discovery.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities Required:
- Must have a valid CDL A License with no restrictions and air brake endorsement.
- Minimum of 18 months professional tractor-trailer driving experience.
- No more than 1 serious moving violation (i.e. reckless driving, speeding in excess of 15 miles above the posted speed limit within the past year).
- No more than 3 moving violations within the past 3 years.
- No pending or convictions for DWI, DUI or OUI within the last 7 years.
- No DOT recordable accidents within the last 3 years.
- Must be able to work shifts as assigned, which include flexible hours and weekends.
- Must pass background screen, pre-employment drug test, DOT physical and road test.
- Must be able to get in and out of the truck, hook and unhook trailering equipment.
- Must be able to operate Electronic On-Board Recorders to communicate with dispatch.
- Must be able to load and unload trailers.
- Must be able to operate sit down or stand -up forklift equipment.
- Willing to work in all types of weather.
- Willing to work in a drug free environment.
- Willing to wear and maintain uniform and safety equipment.
Tools and Technology:
- Various on board computer systems
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
Physical Requirements & Abilities:
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Requires travel on business to other CCT/Americold or customer locations
- Requires visits to environments that may have temperatures at or below freezing
- Requires the ability to drive a commercial standard shift vehicle and perform any function relating to operating required equipment
- Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from a vehicle, and reaching, or bending
- Required to sit; hear or talk: use close vision; use distance vision, stand, kneel or crouch and lift up to 40 lbs., use hands to grasp, handle or feel objects: type and manipulate controls
- Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with co-workers without exhibiting behavioral extremes
- Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others: and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from supervisor
Apply Online Below!