|CDL Driver Class A
Wrightsville, PA Full-time
Ace Distributing is the leading beer distributor in south central Pennsylvania. Every day, thousands of people across the region enjoy the beverages that we deliver. We've been recognized by the Brewers and National Beer Wholesalers Associations as the 2016, 2014 and 2013 Craft Beer Distributor of the Year. We serve more than 1500 brands from more than 79 suppliers at more than 900 local retail locations in Lancaster, York, Adams, Franklin, Fulton and Cumberland counties. We are committed to building local partnerships in those communities, using local vendors for services, supplies and equipment. We provide superior service and expertise in the industry for our suppliers and customers.
JOB SUMMARY: To safely drive company trucks, correctly deliver products and offer superior service to customers in a timely manner over an established route, and adhering to all company work rules and DOT regulations.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
In your role as an ACE Distributing Driver, you will be part of our success by:
- Reporting to work wearing a clean and neat company uniform
- Performing daily DOT truck safety inspection report and file according to company policy
- Driving company truck to make deliveries to retail accounts
- Adjusting invoices when necessary and collecting payments for COD accounts. Driver is responsible for all payments that are collected matching with invoice totals.
- Picking up all empty cases, kegs, and dunnage at every delivery.
- Refueling truck at the end of the delivery route
- Checking in undelivered product, breakage, empties and pallets with proper warehouse personnel following established company procedures
- Loading and verifying all BBL's and add on orders to truck before leaving on delivery route.
- Keeping trucks clean inside and out daily including inside bays and trailer
- Reporting to Fleet Manager/Mechanics any issues with the truck, trailer, power jacks and handcarts
- Reports to Director of Transportation any issues with hand held and printer
To be considered for this position you must be able to meet the following requirements:
- High School diploma/GED with significant relevant experience
- A valid CDL Class A Driving Permit
- Strong communication skills and the ability to build and maintain positive relations with fellow Ace employees and Ace customers
- Must have a positive attitude with the ability to listen and appropriately respond to constructive coaching from fellow employees and members of management.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to lift 30 pounds regularly and 180 pounds frequently, 3 feet off the ground; stand; continuous use of hands and arms to reach for product. The employee is frequently required climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
- Have fork lift, walkie rider, and electric pallet jack certified experience
- Superior Communication Skills
- Strong Math Skills
- Previous Beverage Delivery Industry Experience
- Must be flexible to support a 24/7 operation, which may exceed a normal 8 hour workday
$2000 bonus after reaching 180 days (6 months) of employment