HD Supply (www.hdsupply.com) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations, water infrastructure and residential and non-residential construction sectors. Through approximately 500 locations across 48 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 13,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Job Description & Qualifications:
Responsible for specialized warehouse tasks in loading, unloading, order pulling, shipping, returns, forklift, fabrication, counter and delivering product (when needed) to customers. This position requires operation of a Company Vehicle or a Personal Vehicle and such operation may be done during the course of the average work week. If selected for this position, HD Supply will run a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) report. A requirement of this position is an acceptable MVR report.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Completes tasks such as loading, unloading, sorting, picking, stocking, staging, fabrication and transportation of goods. May be required to carry heavy merchandise up and down stairs while using body straps and/or furniture dolly for merchandise 50-300 pounds.
- Checks items against purchase orders and packing slips and reports shortages, damages, and other discrepancies.
- Files orders for delivery; places supplies and equipment in proper storage.
- Operate forklift or other machinery in order to complete tasks.
- Drive company vehicles, on occasion to pick up incoming stock or deliver materials to designated locations. Serve as an emergency driver when needed for backup. (Non-CDL)
- Performs routine inspection of vehicle and supplies to ensure road safety.
- Prepares and maintains records in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Nature and Scope
- Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past practices, or instruction. Seeks advice and guidance on non routine or problem areas from supervisor. Deviations from the norm are cleared by the supervisor.
- Under close supervision, exercises limited latitude/independent judgment. Work typically involves detailed checks or close review of output by a senior co-worker and/or supervisor.
- Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noise, and fumes, which may cause noticeable discomfort.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment, some of which may be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass the Background Check
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED, strongly preferred. 0-2 years of experience in area of responsibility.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details:
- Valid license endorsement(s) for class of vehicle being operated required.
- Knowledge of warehouse procedures, requisitions, purchase orders, invoices, and delivery documents.
Job ID 2017-22264
Business Unit Construction Industrial WC
Posted Date 4/25/2017
Functional Area Warehouse
Job Locations US-FL-Miami
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time