Over-the-Road (OTR) Tanker CDL truck drivers travel the country and earn up to $0.53 per mile* with a weekly performance pay up to $0.04 per mile (up to $73,000 per year with accessorial pay). OTR Tanker drivers also get home every other week. Schneider provides industry-leading paid training to all Tanker drivers - no tanker experience required.
Looking to become a truck driver? Learn how here or give us a call today.
Schneider Tanker truckers specialize in the safe transfer of bulk liquid chemicals with 2/3 of them non-hazardous. Advance your career by becoming part of Schneider's elite group of Tanker drivers, enjoying consistent advancement opportunities. Enjoy a small-company feel and large-company benefits when you start your career as an OTR Tanker driver today!
Eligible CDL Truck Driver Applicants: All Class A CDL holders
Shreveport Tanker Truck Driver Pay
- Up to $0.53 per mile*
- Performance pay up to $0.04 per mile more, paid out weekly
- Up to $73,000 per year* with average 15% of pay from accessorials
- $8,000 sign-on bonus for experienced drivers
- $5,500 sign-on bonus for inexperienced drivers
- Loading and unloading pay
- 100% hazmat endorsement reimbursed upon receipt
- *Based on CDL driver experience
Over-the-Road Tanker Truck Driver Benefits
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, plus flexible spending options
- 401(k) savings plan with company match
- Paid orientation and time off
- Up to $7,000 tuition reimbursement (paid at $200/month) for qualified drivers
- Paid 3-day refresher course option for drivers restarting a driving career
- Credit for Military Experience and Military Apprenticeship programs, plus more military benefits
- Many more - see full list of benefits
Shreveport Tanker Truck Driver Qualifications
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
- Live within 100 miles of Shreveport, LA and live in Arkansas or Louisiana
- Tanker endorsements required at time of hire
- Hazmat endorsements required within 30 days of hire
- TWIC card (Transportation Worker Identification Card) preferred before hire. Required to start process within 60 days of hire.
More Reasons to Select Schneider Tanker
- Industry-leading, personalized tanker training with paid orientation
- Continuous investment in tractors, trailers and other tanker equipment
- Low driver-to-leader ratios individualized to better ensure you're moving and productive
- Mobile apps to increase driver productivity, expedite access, locate equipment and more
- Nationwide facility network, many locations offering free showers, laundry, WiFi, exercise equipment, TV lounges, cafeterias and more
- Learn more about Schneider's Tanker division
It's all here. With so many benefits and a set of core values we actually live by - safety, integrity, respect and excellence - Schneider is the destination for truck drivers, and has been since 1935. Take your career to the next level today.
Join one of the top trucking companies in Louisiana. Call 800-447-7433 for more information about becoming an Over-the-Road Tanker driver with Schneider!
Schneider uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired associates. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Job Company Driver
Sign On Bonus 8000