OTR Class A CDL Driver
The Surgical Training Institute (STI) provides mobile bio-skills training that allow medical device companies to meet with health care professionals on their home turf.
Our special event service company is currently looking for a Professional OTR Class A CDL Driver for mobile marketing tours. This is a very unique opportunity for an independent, dedicated team player who always thinks on their feet.
Related terms: Experiential Marketing, Show Trailer, Tour Trailer, Marketing Trailer
You will be responsible for driving a 53' double expandable mobile laboratory trailer used for training and product demonstrations at various events throughout the United States. As the face of our company, you will play the essential role of bringing our "mobile training solution" wherever it needs to be.
Hiring area: You can live anywhere in US, although close proximity to major metropolitan airport a plus.
Primary travel area: The entire USA and possibly Canada, with 35,000 miles expected annually.
- Assist our operation team with setup/strike mobile laboratory trailer and on-site activities.
- Take care of maintaining all of the systems on board tractor and trailer.
- Plan and manage the day-to-day logistics and transportation to demonstration locations
- Complete operational checklist, oversee tractor-trailer maintenance program and keep adequate fuel and supplies of materials for each event.
Compensation / Benefits:
- 6 month contract with potential to full time employment
- Drive days $350/day, on call Days $250/day
- Hotels paid, Driver stays at hotels for all overnights (not in sleeper cab)
- Meals compensated up to $75/day
- All travel expenses to and from jobsite
- Typical OTR vs. Home time – Varies depending on project you are working on, anticipate 3 weeks on, one week off maximum.
- You can expect to be Home on all holidays.
Potential for Full time employment:
- Annual earnings – Starting salary $60,000 based on experience performance bonus
- Medical and dental insurance
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Valid Class A CDL license with a clean driving record
- >2 years Class A driving experience strongly preferred
- Experience with moving and setting up custom expandable trailers, strongly preferred
- Understanding of DOT compliance, logs, and safety, required
- Current DOT Medical Examiners Certificate
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong client service skills and a desire to help our clients achieve their goals
- Comfortable troubleshooting mechanical and technological problems with expert support
- Ability to self-manage and work independently for long periods of time
- Computer skills – Ability to use a tablet computer (Android based), email, MS Excel, electronic logs
- Willingness to maintain a clean vehicle and exhibit
- Strong safety mindset and willingness to be part of and promote our safety culture
- Team player who can also perform without supervision
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
- Clean driving record with the ability to pass background check and drug screening
- Be 25 years of age or older
- Job Types: Contract with FTE option