Warehouse Company Driver
- Operate company vehicle in a safe and professional manner
- Load and unload shipments between various destinations as assigned
- Prepares, receives and provides appropriate documentation for delivery or Pick up to ensure timely and accurate transportation
- Responsible for vehicle care, cleanliness and required equipment in each vehicle
- Follow instructions and pre-established guidelines and procedures Upon pick up at shipper or at other locations, the driver should cross reference the information from the BOL or MAWB with the dispatcher, and match that information to the shipment. The information on the address label and pieces and weight must match the information on the BOL or MAWB
- Maintain a valid drivers license
- Ensure shipments are checked in by Dispatcher or Shipping staff when arriving at Base
- Maintain legible detailed accurate manifests and run sheets
- Turn in paperwork at the end of your shift or as dictated
- Ensure vehicle is locked and secure at all times during the shift
- Check-in periodically with Dispatcher to report location and status
- Maintain clean and professional appearance at all times and follow all current security regulations and policies
- Ability to sufficiently pack various sizes of equipment for subsequent shipping
- Ability to advise client and management of issues with shipments before they are tendered (insufficient packing etc.)
- Perform special projects in the warehouse as needed
- Pick and pack operations
- Container unloads
Essential Skills and Abilities Required:
- Demonstrate Ability to identify and solve problems.
- Demonstrate written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge of company policies and procedures
- Time Management: The ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Computer Proficiency
- Must possess and maintain Forklift certification
- Must possess and maintain function specific DG certification
- Demonstrate experience in international & domestic airline routings, geography and time zones.
- Swing Shift 10-6 or 11-7 Must be Flexible for OT Tri-State and PA drives
- The employee is required to occasionally lift and/or move packages up to 70 LBS
- Must be able to operate a pallet jack and forklift
- Excellent communication skills.
- Customer Service experience preferred
- Knowledge of Dangerous Goods/Restricted Article Regulations preferred