Penske is widely known for its success on the racetrack, but did you know we employ thousands of truck drivers? Join our team of professional truck drivers at Penske Logistics and you'll drive like a champion hauling freight for some of the world's best brands in retail, food, beverage, grocery, foodservice, automotive, manufacturing, electronics, appliances, healthcare, and packaging industries. We manage freight for companies like Ford, GM, BMW, Detroit Diesel, Goodyear, Cardinal Health, Whirlpool, and Wawa. Our professional truck drivers ensure products are delivered safely, efficiently and on-time.
Why Penske? Home daily for most positions. Excellent pay and benefits. Superior trucks and 24/7 roadside support. Dedicated accounts. Great supervisors. Paid time off. 401K. Cash balance pension plan. Training. Tuition Reimbursement. Unlimited career potential.
Penske has open Regional driver positions based in both Flat Rock, MI supporting the aluminum manufacturing business. You will enjoy brand new, top-of-the-line equipment that is expertly maintained with 24/7 support. We offer excellent pay, state-of-the-art benefits package, medical & dental, paid time off, 401K, cash balance pension plan, training, tuition reimbursement considerable associate discount services and unlimited career opportunities. We have a 6.5 year contract with the customer so we are only looking for professional drivers with a dedication to safe and timely deliveries to be part of a team environment and this rapidly growing account!
You will be part of an in-house fleet supporting Alcoa, a global leader in lightweight aluminum metal products and our freight type consists primarily of aluminum coils and ingots. The specific purpose of this aluminum is to service various Ford Motor Company vehicles. Routes are from Flat Rock-MI to Alcoa-TN to Bettendorf-IA (via Paducah-KY to avoid IN) and returning to Flat Rock-MI. Drivers are home a couple of times a week with a rotating schedule which requires weekends.
The planned environment is a drop and hook environment. HOWEVER you will still be responsible to inspect the load for security and are expected to secure the load (ingots or coils) should it be necessary. Also due to an unexpected event you may have to live unload or load. In which case you will have to unsecure or secure the cargo as needed. As you will see we have drop trailers at all stops so this will be rare but you must be aware it may happen probably due to an unplanned manufacturing issue. This includes nights and weekends, as well as holidays.
- Freightliner automatic trucks Condo's and all new universal trailers
$70k annual W2 potential ($1,150 weekly) with a $5000 sign-on/retention bonus the first year
All miles paid plus paid stops, lay-overs and delays
- $.47 per mile new hire rate
- $.49 per mile 2nd year
- Paid stops at $15.00 each (3 per day)
- Layovers paid at $30.00 per night
- Live Load/Unload stops at $40.00
- Paid delays at $19.50 per hour (compensable after 1 hour at any stop)
- Monthly performance bonuses (up to $250)
- Quarterly attendance bonus ($225)
- There is a $50/weekend day incentive (if you were to work both weekend days it would be an additional $100/week.
- $19.50 hourly pay (training, meetings, yard work, etc.)
-You will have the opportunity to run more routes during the week within DOT HOS guidelines. Our intent is to ensure you have every earning opportunity legally possible while adhering as much as possible to a schedule that will allow you to plan your work life balance.
- At least 23 years of age, CDL Class A license required
- Enhanced license, passport or FAST required to get in and out of Canada
- 12 months of verifiable tractor-trailer driving experience in the last 3 years
- 3 years DMV/MVR record with two or fewer moving violations/accidents
- Ability to pass DOT Physical, DOT Drug Screen and background screening process
-Safe and responsible operation of assigned equipment.
-Ensuring compliance with applicable federal and/or state laws, regulations, and/or agency rules, standards and guidelines.
-Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage before and after route.
-Primary interface with the customer at point of delivery.