Local Class A Yard Truck Driver
Please Call Doug @ 888 842-5165 or Apply On-line Below!
Looking for a job where a culture of teamwork, a desire for innovation and chances for growth are valued and rewarded? You've come to the right place.
Gourmet Foods International is looking for a Yard Jockey Driver to be a part of our fun and fast-paced organization!
We seek a determined professional interested in helping our business grow by promoting an energetic climate, discipline, dedication and remarkable customer care. If you are a motivated self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment, then this is your opportunity for a rewarding career with excellent income and growth potential.
Reposition company commercial tractors and trailers for GFI on designated highways and non-highway areas [the yard] to include backing trailers to dock doors. May be required to shuttle tractor/trailer to and from logistic/lease companies and backhauls pickups. Also fueling trucks and trailers. Class A required.
OUR BENEFITS for insurance include: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long-Term Disability. We also offer 401(k) and Roth 401(k) with matching contributions, Profit Sharing, Competitive Salaries, Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO), Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development Programs and opportunity to Grow within the Company.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
(70%) Moving and Operation of Tractor/Trailer:
- Walk the yard to identify and document [in the DVCR booklet] vehicle defects. Communicate maintenance needs to GFI maintenance dept. [Daily]
- Obtain tractor/trailer list from warehouse/dispatch, record odometer, hub readings and engine hours from equipment and give to GFI maintenance [Weekly]
- Ensure that trailers loaded with refrigerated product are at adequate temperature
- Ensure Warehouse Team Members have trailers to unload and/or loadv
- Reposition tractor/trailers on the yard to and from docks
- Comply with GFI Chock, Safety Dock Signal Light policy
- Shuttle tractor/trailers to and from logistic supplier
- Assist with backhauls
- May be assigned to assist Drivers on a designated route(s) or run route if needed.
- Listen to and timely ASSIST WAREHOUSE NEEDS
- Required to wear and follow GFI uniform and badge standards at all times
- Attend scheduled safety, team meetings and training sessions
(30%) Complete Necessary Paperwork
- Maintain DVCR booklets and turn in to GFI maintenance
- Comply with DOT log regulations
- Accountable for the vehicle and product transported
Daily complete timesheets and forward to D&S Department
Work Schedule: Thurs/ Thru/ Sat 4:00pm - 4:00pm
WHO WE ARE: Gourmet Foods International was built on a true passion for fine food which has driven our company to become a leading specialty food supplier in the nation. We create a bridge between producers, customers, and consumers by bringing quality products to new and expanding markets. We also recognize our social responsibility to give back to our communities through outreach and sustainable business practices.