As one of the largest North American industrial distributors of maintenance and construction products, HD Supply's key to success has always been our associates. Come be a part of our collaborative, innovative, fast-paced team, where meaningful work, professional development, competitive pay and benefits support our culture of wellness. Let's get to work - together. Join the HD Supply family today!
Shift: Monday - Friday, 5:30am shift
Location: 11301 Partnership Dr, Oklahoma City, OK 73131
HD Supply Offers:
- Local Delivery Routes
- Monday-Friday Schedule - Weekends Off!
- Competitive Pay
- Benefits Eligibility after 90 days (Medical, Life, Dental, Vision, 401k, PTO, Tuition Reimbursement, and more!)
- Paid Vacation & Sick Leave
- Opportunities for Annual and/or Referral Bonuses
- Opportunities for Career Advancement and Personal Growth
- Must be 21 or older
- Must have a clean and valid Driver's License
- Must be comfortable operating a 26 ft box truck
- Must be able to pass a DOT physical
- Must be dependable and customer service oriented
- Must be willing to lift up to 50lbs on a regular basis
- Must be willing and able to load and off-load a truck
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently
- At least 3 years of commercial driving experience
- Routing and/or dispatching experience
- Prior leadership or training experience in a transportation or operations capacity (you will lead a team of 6 Delivery Drivers in this role)
New to HD Supply? Read on to learn more about our $6 Billion-and-growing company:
HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) ( www.hdsupply.com ) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Job Description & Qualifications
Facilitates load management, including the accurate and efficient dispatching of all dedicated drivers in the facility. Coach and train new and existing members of delivery team. Makes deliveries daily in a dynamic area in an efficient and effective manner.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Coordinates the loading and dispatching of all routes. Dispatcher or customer resolution responsibility.
- Perform routine inspection of vehicle and supplies to ensure road safety.
- Plan route to and from customers' businesses and adjust for traffic and/or construction.
- Coaches and trains new and existing members. Provide timely feedback to management on team's performance.
- Load truck with daily merchandise to be delivered as well as unload merchandise for customer.
- Prepare and maintain records in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Deliver merchandise to customer and contact customer if they are not present.
- Performs back-up warehouse responsibilities and other duties as assigned.
Nature and Scope
- May modify processes to resolve situations.
- Under limited supervision, relies on experience and exercises independent judgment to determine the best approach to achieve desired outcomes. Course of action is often determined by interpreting procedures and policies. Work typically involves periodic review of output by a supervisor or direct customers of the process.
- Is sought out and/or assigned to provide general guidance/direction, training, and technical assistance to junior level support personnel. Contributes to employees' professional development but does not have hiring/firing authority.
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment that may be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Technical certification or associate degree may be required in some areas. Generally 5-7 years of experience in a related area of responsibility.
Job ID 2019-32723
Business Unit Facilities Maintenance
Functional Area Transportation
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 73131
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.