An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Pilot Air Freight to consider all applications for any position without regard to a person's race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or genetics.
Pilot Freight Services seeks a Driver to work out of our Sacramento, CA office. This position will entail performing driver duties in as safe and efficient manner and within the parameters set by the DOT rules and regulations. Models and acts in accordance with our guiding principles and core values.
- Pull orders to ensure delivered freight is recorded accurately and moved to the appropriate destination;
- Load freight onto the truck using a dolly, forklift and pallet jack, and utilize load locks, straps, covers, etc to ensure that freight will be delivered in good condition at final destination;
- Unload freight from truck utilizing proper equipment and securing for transit when necessary;
- Operate vehicle to transport materials to and from specified destinations in a safe and efficient manner and in accordance with state, federal and DOT regulations;
- Responsible for the protection of company equipment and freight from damage, theft or tampering;
- Perform local commercial and residential pick-ups and deliveries;
- Be able to work with other drivers and driver helpers to perform deliveries inside residences;
- Accurately complete required paperwork on each job as well as daily paperwork, and understand direction;
- Keep on schedule as provided by dispatcher and advise if there are delays or issues in a timely manner;
- Comply with all state, federal and DOT regulations, and with all Transportation Security Administration security requirements;
- Perform inspection of assigned unit and complete all required paperwork;
- Upon arrival, receive dock assignment and complete and sign appropriate paperwork documenting accurate piece count, verifying all freight corresponds to paperwork;
- Maintain radio contact or communication with dispatch office and promptly report all delays due to weather conditions, breakdowns, accidents or any other emergencies;
- Complete DOT driver's log and vehicle inspections on a daily basis;
- Communicate "Proof of Delivery" immediately upon delivery via the Pilot driver application;
- Assist in warehouse if driving is not required or between runs;
- Presents self in a clean and professional manner at all times.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required;
- Minimum five years industry driving experience may be substituted for a HS Diploma or GED;
- Minimum one year verifiable driving experience in the industry and in the type of vehicle that will be driven;
- Minimum one to three years related freight handler experience;
- Minimum one year industry experience preferred;
- Must be 18 years of age or older;
- Ability to operate a dolly, forklift, hand trucks, liftgate and pallet jacks;
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 95 lbs;
- Thorough knowledge of instant scanner would be beneficial;
- Basic typing skills and data/entry skills;
- Ability to perform basic math, to read and interpret maps, and to comprehend and complete basic checklists, forms or other related documents;
- Responds promptly and professionally to customer needs and responds to requests for service and assistance;
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently;
- Effectively present information in one-on-one or small group situations;
- Balances team and individual responsibilities;
- Consistently at work and on time, willing to work weekends, various schedule;
- Valid CDL Class "C" driver's license issued by the driver's home state of residence;
- Acceptable driving record as defined by DOT regulations;
- Must meet the physical requirements established by the DOT and have, or be able to provide, a current valid medical card.
Competitive wages, benefits and 401K plan.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please click one of the "Apply" buttons above. The application process only takes about 10-15 minutes.
High School or better.
Pallet Jack Intermediate
3 year(s): Industry driving experience