Responsible for delivery of milk products to retail customers, counting milk products for accurate delivery and inventory, and completing delivery paperwork by performing the following duties and compliance with applicable DOT regulations.
- Performs pre/post trip MVI (Motor Vehicle Inspections) on the truck to adhere to DOT regulations as well as company policy.
- Accurately completes and submits drivers logs, inspection reports and other required documents.
- Verify shipment accuracy and ensure saleable condition of product.
- Load or unload cases of product manually with hook, handcart or pallet-jack onto and off the truck. Ensue load is properly secured. Collect empty cases.
- Load/unload trucks placing product as specified during delivery.
- Delivery routes will consist of fifteen to forty deliveries per day.
- Handle proper receipts documenting delivery transactions and product information.
- Submit all customer paperwork and deposits daily including; invoices, load orders, and reports
- Resolve discrepancies and communicate issues with Supervisors.
- Assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Maintain clean, neat and organized work area to uphold a safe work environment.
- Uphold all company safety and security policies and procedures.
- Maintain a positive customer service relationship and work well with others to maintain a positive work environment.
- Must present a clean and neat appearance to uphold a positive customer experience.
- Consistently operating in an alert state to ensure safety is a priority throughout the daily routines.
- Must be able to work Monday - Saturday.
- Excellent time and attendance habits.
- Able to perform other duties as needed assigned by the Supervisors
Qualifications and Experience:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are not all inclusive but are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Must possess and maintain CDL - A or B class with Air Brake endorsement.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Related experience helpful but not required.
- Must be able to drive, sit, operate/inspect vehicle, stand, walk, kneel, lift and bend throughout the entire length of the shift.
- Must be able to balance and pull product safely.
- Must be able to climb in and out of the truck.
- Must be able to handle plastic milk crates weighing up to 60 lbs. each throughout the entire length of the shift.
- Must be able to handle cases stacked 60" - 72" high and able to pull up to 240 lbs. with a handheld hook.
- Must be able to deliver up to 150 lbs. of milk product on hand tuck up and down a customer steps if needed.
- Required to withstand seasonal outdoor temperatures and indoor cargo temperatures from 34 - 40 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Must be able to operate company technology including; handheld device, truck mounted computer, and refrigeration equipment.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Must have effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Required to pass all medical exams, drug screening and background checks (including criminal).
- Must have a clean driving record.