Truck Driver Over the Road
TVS TRANSPORT SOLUTIONS
$2000 signing bonus (payed at 30, 60, 90 & 120 days)
Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
Home every weekend
401 K Match
$.50 per mile
2019 – 2020 Trucks
The truck driver position is expected to work as a valued member of the shipping and receiving functions. This job will primarily consist of over the road vehicle operations involving positioning and moving trucks and trailers on and between locations and facilities. Deliveries will be required throughout the region.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Operate company-owned and leased trucks over 4 tons to facilitate shipping and receiving operations
- Operate trucks for the delivery, pickup and relocation of parts and materials
- Perform required before-, during- and after-operation "user maintenance" and complete required reports
- Provide outstanding customer service during delivery and pickup operations
- Operate all MHE
- Maintain all certifications required by DOT, OSHA and company safety programs
- Maintain property in excellent condition
- Perform any other tasks assigned to support and improve the overall team operations
- Technical capacity
- Customer/client focus
- Ethical conduct
- Decision making
- Time management
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works in outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.
This job is sometimes performed in a busy warehouse environment with high forklift traffic. Warehouses are subject to seasonal temperatures. Steel-toed shoes, safety glasses and vests may be required personal protective equipment (PPE).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing. The employee may occasionally be required to lift 51 pounds, anything over this, an employee needs to request assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2-3 years of relevant experience, or any equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to do the job
- Valid CDL Class A License
- Clean driving record
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday with periodic mandatory weekends and overtime required.
Over the road travel to specific facilities and locations