Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The Shipping and Receiving Coordinator is a position that systematically transacts the flow of product through the shipping and receiving department. This position utilizes the attendant's skills and knowledge to efficiently process parts into, out of, and through the production cycle to maintain the traceability of parts required to produce precision aerospace components. This position also receives and facilitates the movement of parts into inventory.
- Verifies and keeps records of incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares them for shipment.
- Maintain traceability of parts by verifying incoming material with Certifications.
- Maintain integrity of parts through conscientious packaging practices.
- Verify packaging paperwork (counts, weights or measurement items).
- Facilitate the movement of parts in and out of department.
- Visually inspect components for conformance to specifications.
- Ensure that standard procedures are followed in all aspects of work including certificate verification, inventory transactions, documentation, and material handling.
- Transport product to and from outside vendors via company trucks.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives utilizing lean manufacturing tools and techniques.
- Act as a role model, coach, and trainer for new associates to foster a team environment.
- Maintain work areas and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations.
- Support improvement projects as assigned.
- Other responsibilities assigned by your supervisor.
Ability to stand or sit for extended period of time.
Fine motor skills with frequent hand and arm movement.
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
Moderate twisting and bending.
Moderate climbing on step stools or platforms.
Utilization of forklifts (forklift experience desired)
Unusual Environmental Conditions:
Loud machining environment; minimal exposure to aerospace metals, lubricants, and chemicals.
Required Personal Protective Equipment:
Safety glasses/shields, appropriate manufacturing closed toed footwear, hearing protection may be required or other protective equipment as needed.
Qualifications - Required
- US Citizen or permanent resident.
- Valid drivers license
- Prioritize multiple jobs and seek assistance when needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Basic math or industrial mathematics desired.
- Good written and verbal skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong problem solving skills required.
- Strong organizational skills required.
- Fork lift experience
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.