Local/Regional Class A Drivers - To $75K Plus $5K Sign On Bonus!
Location: Caldwell, NJ!
Please Call Doug @ 888 842-5165 or Apply On-line Below!
Up To $75,000 based on route and experience plus a $5,000 Sign On Bonus for new hires!
Looking for a job where a culture of teamwork, a desire for innovation, and chances for growth are valued and rewarded? You've come to the right place!
Gourmet Foods International is looking CDL Class A Drivers to be a part of our fun and fast-paced organization! We seek determined professionals interested in helping our business grow by promoting an energetic climate, discipline, dedication and remarkable customer care. If you are a motivated self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment, then this is your opportunity for a rewarding career with excellent income and growth potential.
Monthly Safety Bonuses are included with this position.
OUR BENEFITS for insurance include Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long-Term Disability. We also offer 401(k) and Roth 401(k) with matching contributions, Profit Sharing, Competitive Salaries, Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO), Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development Programs and opportunity to Grow within the Company.
Responsible for company vehicle and delivery of company product to customers. Gourmet Foods International is screening team drivers for their dedicated service lanes who are able to work nights, weekends and holidays. GFI offers set schedules, same lane opportunities, weekly home time, monthly bonus opportunities and paid time off.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Minimum age of 21
2. Minimum of 1 year verifiable driving experience
3. No license suspensions in the last 2 years for a moving violation
4. No more than 2 moving violations in the last 3 years, with no more than 1 in the last 12 months
5. No more than 2 DOT-recordable accidents in the last 3 years and no more than 1 in the last 12 months
6. No reckless, careless or 20 mph driving citations in the last 3 years
7. Valid CDL
8. Subject to a pre-hire screening process
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Performing all pre-trip responsibilities including: checking route numbers and account numbers for assigned deliveries, counting items and checking customer invoices of products that have been loaded, and performing the "pre-trip safety check" inspection of truck and trailer according to DOT/FMCSA regulations.
• Driving to and delivering customer orders following all DOT/FMCSA, state regulations and GFI procedures and protocols
• Maintaining load temperatures according to load specifications
• Unloading products from the trailer with a hand truck or by hand and placing them in designated customer storage areas.
• Verifying delivery of items with customer and obtaining proper signatures; collecting money (cash or checks) when required; contacting management for authorization when discrepancies on invoice and communicating all errors/returns.
• Managing backhauls according to dispatch, jurisdictional compliance, and load optimization.
• Performing all post-trip responsibilities including: unloading damaged goods and customer returns, completing necessary paperwork and turning in all funds collected daily, performing the safety check on the vehicle, parking and securing the vehicle.
• Exceeding customer service expectations while handling any customer complaints professionally.
• Reporting accidents and injuries and any damage to equipment immediately.
• Attending all required company meetings.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to follow directions and meet deadlines
• Excellent customer service skills
• Experience delivering packaged food goods within a local market area, including driving on local streets and navigating busy parking lots
• Working knowledge of electronic logs, preferably XRS/Omnitracs, according to DOT/FMCSA regulations including documenting delivery receipt, product temp and exceptions
• Working knowledge of OSHA, DOT/FMCSA regulations and food safety
• Able to read and comprehend labels, instructions and bills of lading
• Able to perform mathematical calculations to verify quantities of product
• Pallet breakdown and hand cart delivery experience
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. Push/pull up to 75 lbs. Ascend and descend a step with a height of 17 in. from floor and ascend and descend 3 rungs of ladder, the first rung at 21 in. from the ground.
WHO WE ARE: Gourmet Foods International was built on a true passion for fine food which has driven our company to become a leading specialty food supplier in the nation. We create a bridge between producers, customers, and consumers by bringing quality products to new and expanding markets. We also recognize our social responsibility to give back to our communities through outreach and sustainable business practices.