Provides assistance to SYGMA Delivery Drivers by properly delivering and unloading product for SYGMA customers according to customer invoices and company standards.
- Unloads product from trailer, by hand or using hand cart down ramps, stairs, or docks, in all weather conditions and places in designated customer storage areas according to customer specifications and company standards (e.g. handling product according to preferred work methods, scanning product as it is delivered into the store).
- Pick s up, load s and unloa ds damaged goods and customer returns.
- Provides assistance to driver in route with map reading and giving directions on route; helps with situations involving low clearances (e.g. getting out of vehicle and directing driver under a low underpass to ensure proper clearance ); a ssist s driver in backing situations by getting out of the truck and watching for hazards .
- Assists driver in ensuring all paperwork is completed according to established company and governmental guidelines (e.g. pre-and post-trip inspections, ensures all invoices are accurate and turned in daily and all damages and shortages are reported promptly).
- Ensures all food safety protocols are met according to established guidelines (e.g. proper temperatures are maintained in the delivery vehicle, product is inspected for visible damages prior to delivery, product is delivered and stored to prevent cross contamination) and m aintains sanitary conditions in tractor and trailer; assists with maintaining sanitary conditions in the warehouse and yard.
- Follow s preferred work methods at all times, and immediately advise s supervisor of any unsafe conditions.
- Maintain s and safely operate s all assigned equipment, including but not limited to hand cart, pallets, load bars, SLS unit, and personal protective equipment.
- Develop and establish good relationships with customers by providing excellent and courteous service with clear communication.
- Communicates with management team regarding any deviations to route, trailer or loading issues and/or customer or product issues.
- Works assigned schedule and works overtime as needed; exhibits regular and predictable attendance. Other duties as assigned by Management.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE :
- High school diploma/GED/equivalent degree, or the equivalent in work experience is preferred. Previous food distribution and frozen food handling experience is preferred.
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Class A Commercial Driver's License is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of: Safe lifting and delivery practices.
Skill in: Communicating with customers; solving problems; delivering product.
Ability to: Meet or exceed minimum productivity levels established by the Company; operate a 2 wheel hand cart; read, write and communicate in English as it relates to the job and to safety regulations; perform basic math functions (e.g. add, subtract, multiply, divide); effectively plan and organize work activities independent of direct supervision; solve problems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit, talk and hear. The associate is frequently required to lift , push, or move product that weighs up to up to 50 pounds by hand and push/pull up to 350 pounds of product with a 2-wheeled hand card down a ramp and into the customer's storage areas; climb in and out of a tractor and trailer; reach to stack and unstack pallets and hand cart; bend and twist while loading and unloading product, and retrieving items from trailer. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to wet, hot, extreme cold and/or humid conditions; and moving mechanical parts and may be required to work in confined spaces. The associate works non-traditional business hours including evenings, nights, weekends, holidays, on-call and starting at various start times are required in order to successfully meet customers' needs. The associate is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places. The associate is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies the the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the associate in this job. The associate will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and is subject to changes of business necessity.