Explore your possibilities: Build your skills. Enjoy your challenge. Make your mark. Own your future.
At Praxair you'll join 26,000 talented and diverse people in more than 50 countries, working to make a difference in the world and contribute to our company's success. You will be working on challenging and meaningful projects and will be trusted to take on responsibility early in your career. All of our employees' contributions are valuable to our company, our customers, our communities and our shareholders. Explore our site and learn how your talent can make an impact at Praxair: www.praxair.ca .
Praxair Canada Inc. is a subsidiary of Praxair, Inc., a leading industrial gas company in North and South America and one of the largest worldwide. We produce, sell and distribute atmospheric, process and specialty gases. Praxair products, services and technologies are making our planet more productive by bringing efficiency and environmental benefits to a wide variety of industries, including, chemicals, food and beverage, healthcare, manufacturing, primary metals and many others.
Driver - Class 1 (Bulk Liquid Truck Driver)
In this position you will be responsible for the safe delivery of bulk liquid products between Praxair production plants and customer sites.
Working shift of 4 days on, 4 days off (days/nights), your responsibilities will include:
- Driving for at least 2 hours steady.
- Loading and unloading trailers of cryogenics liquids.
- Perform vehicle inspections on equipment, including but not limited to, lifting the cab hood , inspecting the engine and components, topping up fluids, (oil, fuel, def) inspection of the 5 th wheel coupling to the trailer by going underneath the trailer, and the engine / dog house compartment of the trailer.
- Ability to climb in and out of the cab numerous times in a day, using a three point safety stance. Cab is 3 feet off the ground.
- Ability to remove hoses up to 50 lbs, from trailer hose tubes and lift them, 3 to 4 feet off the ground and connect hoses to trailers and tanks, with 20 lbs hammers in some cases.
- Ability to climb up rear trailer step to open and close loading and offloading valves.
- Ability to climb up tractor rear deck to connect and disconnect hydraulic hoses.
- Stand outside for upwards of 1 hour monitoring the trailer unloading process.
- Completion of all associated paper work including Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG).
- Read delivery meters / gauges and calculate volumes delivered.
- Operate a computer system at the terminal and in the cab, recording data and facilitating delivery requirements.
- Wear appropriate safety equipment - face shield, hard hat, hearing protection, shoes, gloves, Nomex.
- Perform Quality Assurance Tests on product and record results of test to meet HPFBI requirements.
- Mechanical aptitudes to trouble shoot equipment issues.
- Layover in the sleeper cab of the tractor or hotel as need dictates.
- Shovel snow away from tank entrance and unloading valves in winter.
- Professional manner at all times including when loading at plants and offloading at customers.
- Ability to work in unionized environment.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
You will bring with you to this position:
- Valid, incident free, applicable provincial Class 1 Driver's License with air brake endorsement.
- Three (3) years Tanker Experience and Clean Abstract.
- Fast Card Approved.
- High school graduate or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of compressed gases and safe handling along with mechanical aptitude.
- Willing to apply policies, procedures and regulations.
- Safety and Customer focused.
Enjoy a great future with a global industry leader. You will receive a competitive salary, flexible benefits, pension after one year of employment, tuition reimbursement, an opportunity for career growth and much more!
Praxair Canada Inc. is proud to be named one of 2018 Greater Toronto's Top 100 Employers for a fifth consecutive year.
At Praxair, we strive to create a work environment that treats all employees with respect, supports new thoughts and ideas, encourages growth and development, recognizes our differences, and embraces inclusion. All qualified candidates from these groups, but not limited to, women, visible minorities, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity are encouraged to apply.
Praxair Canada Inc. is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Applicants requiring accommodation during the recruitment and selection process are encouraged to make their needs known in advance if accommodation is required. We will work with you to meet your needs.