DHL Supply Chain - Excellence. Simply delivered.
Exel is changing its name to DHL Supply Chain!
CDL "A" TRACTOR TRAILER DELIVERY DRIVERS
$48,000 - $63,000 Annual Earnings
Full and Comprehensive Benefit Package
DHL Supply Chain is part of the SUPPLY CHAIN division of Deutsche Post DHL Group, the world's leading logistics and mail communications company, with over 325,000 people in practically every country on the planet.
And yet they all have one important thing in common: The Customer.
That's because logistics drives our world, but people are what connect it. Delivering service, quality and sustainability, every single day to every single customer, is how we're able to bring people together – and make a difference to their lives.
We are looking for people ready to help us achieve our vision to become the supply chain solutions company for the world. We hope you will consider how you can be a part of it.
We are looking to add additional CDL "A" licensed drivers to our team. These are dedicated tractor/trailer delivery routes, line haul and "Extra Board" positions based at our location in Charlotte, NC.
Note: Not all routes require pulling doubles but Doubles endorsement is a requirement. Experience preferred (we will train the right candidate).
We have the following CDL-A positions available. All assignments are "touch freight". All work, except for Line Haul and Extra Board are home daily.
- Local Delivery ($185 day minimum pay) - Home daily. Dedicated routes.
- Team Line Haul Drivers ($220 - $245 per day) - You are home home daily but for only 5-8 hours and every weekend. Some routes include delivery and some are team driving with no delivery.
- "Extra Board" Drivers (average $250 - $300 per day)- Here we will train you to go to other cities and cover for vacations and other openings - travel, meals and lodging are company covered.
These are local and regional full time positions. With the exception of some Line Haul work your responsibility is delivering aftermarket auto parts to our customer's automobile dealerships using a 2016 Volvo tractor and pulling a 28' or 48' lift gated trailer. You will also be trained in the use of hand truck, pallet jack and other tools of delivery.
- Your merchandise is loaded and sorted in your trailer for you by our professional warehouse associates.
- Routes operate 5 days per week.
- Great competitive wages and we pay weekly.
Key Benefits - Comprehensive and Affordable:
- Medical - A PPO administered by Blue Cross/Blue Shield, which includes one free physical per year and includes Rx coverage.
- Dental - A PPO, administered by Met Life, which includes 2 free check-ups and cleanings per year (one includes complete X-Rays).
- Vision - Choose from either Davis Vision or VSP. Both include one free annual vision checkup at no charge.
Company Paid Benefits
- Life Insurance - $40,000 (double indemnity = $80,000)
- Short Term Disability Insurance - Protection for up to 26 weeks.
- Vacations - After 6 months of employment you will begin accruing your vacation time at a rate of 80 hours (10 days) per year.
- Paid Holidays - You will enjoy 6 designated holidays and 3 personal holidays per year.(Holidays are paid after completing 90 days of employment.)
- 401-K - With a Company Matching Piece. This is an outstanding way to save for retirement.
- Tuition Reimbursement – Earn your Undergraduate and/or Graduate degree on DHL.
- Work Life Program - Company supplemented and administered by OptumHealth. (This service is a confidential, short term counseling and education program for a wide range of personal and lifestyle challenges.)
- Minimum of 6-months verifiable tractor/trailer driving experience. (If applicant has less than one year of experience a certificate of completion from an accredited CDL training school is required).
- Must have a good driving record. (No more than two moving violations; OR two preventable accidents; OR a combination of one moving violation and one preventable accident within the last two years).
- Valid CDL Class - A operator's license with doubles endorsement/experience unless you are applying for a "floater" position.
- Be a minimum 21 years of age.
- License not suspended or revoked in last three years. (Per the criteria of 49 CFR 391.15 and/or 383.51 whether in commercial or personal vehicle).
- Excellent attendance record with past employers.
- Present a neat, clean and professional appearance.
- Ability to successfully pass the DOT drug screen and physical as well as the DHL Supply Chain written, road and aptitude tests.