The Class A Mechanic must possess professional level experience working with electronically controlled systems and understand how they interface with the overall conveyer system or mechanical devices. This person must be able to work autonomously or be able to oversee a crew of Contractor personnel in the repair or maintenance of equipment. The Class A Mechanic must be familiar with the use of electronic and electrical troubleshooting equipment such as, volt meters, oscilloscope and fiber optic testing equipment.
Essential Functions and Job Duties:
- Class A Mechanics' routines will include maintenance on the controls and devices of the BHS, PLC's, VFD's, RFID readers' devices and controllers. You will routinely check the health of these devices and track all maintenance using the CMMS.
- Daily Coordination between the TSA and the BHS operation
- Written reports detailing conditions of specific belt lines and associated devices
- Run reports such as availability from the control room servers
- You will be required to perform Class B Mechanic work as needed (when approved by the Manager).
- Maintain superior customer service and safe working practice at ALL times.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, and maintains machinery and electrical equipment such as motors, electrical circuits, SICK ATR systems, baggage handling equipment and conveyor systems in accordance with diagrams, electrical drawings, operational manuals and manufacturer's specifications using hand tools and precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Inspect diagnose and repair mechanical and electrical systems.
- Communicate with various parties on the work performed and present status of specialty systems.
- Analyze root causes of Electrical failures and propose remedy and resolution as well as continuous monitoring for ways to improve and optimize the system.
- Interpret schematics and engineering drawings in reference to layout, location, and operation of the system(s).
- React to call outs from the Control Room Operator or manager executing service calls CM, PM and EM.
- Preventive Maintenance - Inspection, adjustment, cleaning, replacement and prepare follow-up CM work orders if needed.
- Attending to stoppages and bag jams as needed.
- Completion of daily housekeeping duties individually and as a team.
- Other duties as given by management team.
- Must have experience working on voltage up to 480v, including both AC and DC voltage the feed the BHS controls and other devices.
- Must possess a working knowledge of how the controls (logics) interface with the mechanical side of the system.
- Proven experience as Mechanic
- Excellent knowledge of machinery and hydraulic, electrical and other systems and their components
- Aptitude in using various hand tools (screwdrivers, hammers etc.) and precision measurement tools (e.g. calipers)
- Ability to follow established procedures and practices and read instruction, blueprints etc.
- A strong commitment to all health and safety guidelines
- Very good communication skills
- A problem-solving ability
- Very good physical strength and stamina
- High school diploma is preferred; Certification from a vocational school or completion of apprenticeship is a definite plus
Must be able to attain and sustain an Airport I.D. Badge