to learn more about our Local Driving Opportunities or
Click Apply Below and complete our application and we can call you.
CHS Rochester has an exciting opportunity in our Country Operations Division. We are looking for a Class A CDL Driver to deliver grain, feed, seed, fertilizer, other bulk liquid products in a safe, timely, and professional manner. You must have a high energy level, exhibit personal integrity, have an excellent driving record and be committed to safety, customer service, and solving problems creatively. You must have a good work ethic with professional communications skills.
- Pick up and deliver product to customers in a safe, timely, and professional manner, ensuring the truck is operated in a safe manner at all times.
- Complete pre-trip and post-trip inspections and complete maintenance report on any needed repairs.
- Make out daily trip sheet and other paper work as required.
- Maintain logs with each shipment, completing daily invoices and reports.
- Follow all guidelines and regulations for hauling grain, feed, seed, fertilizer, Anhydrous Ammonia, other bulk liquid products.
- Report all accidents, traffic violations, and damage to vehicles.
- Maintain cleanliness of your truck both inside and out. Sweep trailers out after each use.
- Load and/or unload your loads.
- Ensure on time loading and unloading and communicate with vendors if delays occur.
- Provide excellent customer service, treating all customers in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Use sound judgment and abilities to support the best interests of the company in all situations.
- Perform other related duties as needed or assigned, which may include working at the facility when not delivering product.
- During peak times, work extended hours, including weekends, to meet business needs.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Must meet minimum age requirement
- Valid Class A CDL
- 2 years or 200,000 miles of verifiable tractor trailer experience
- Ability to pass DOT physical and drug test
- Ability to lift/carry/push/pull up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to stand, sit, bend, lift, twist and climb
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English
- Ability to work extended hours, including weekends, to meet business demands
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- HazMat/Tanker endorsment
- Agriculture background
- Bulk liquid experience
- Customer service experience
- Fork Lift experience
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation , 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance. This position will have opportunity for growth.
CHS is a diversified Fortune 100 company providing essential grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers. CHS is a cooperative system owned by farmers, ranchers and their local cooperatives from the Great Lakes to the Pacific Northwest and from Canada to Texas. CHS is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Minority, Female, Veteran, Disability, Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
The CHS Talent Acquisition Team supports recruitment for positions within CHS as well as finding opportunities for candidates within our robust network of member cooperatives. By submitting an application for any position, you give CHS permission to review your application and contact you to discuss opportunities within our member cooperatives.
Minimum Years of Experience Required
Minimum Education Required
GED / High School Diploma
Driver / Transportation