Discover the power of one — and all — at Core-Mark
Come join the team that has been empowering customers, investing in people and serving communities for 130 years. The Power of One. Strengthen By All.
Core-Mark (Nasdaq CORE) www.core-mark.com
Core-Mark is a Fortune 300 company that continues to grow for over 130 years as an industry leader in fresh and broad-line solutions to the convenience retail industry. Our reputation of empowering customers, employees, and communities has allowed us to build over $16 Billion in revenue. Through our 32 distribution centers, we offer a full range of products, programs, and solutions to customers across the U.S. and Canada.
At Core-Mark, you will discover a culture that enables you to grow, challenges you to achieve, and embraces you as family. Show us your power and come explore your opportunities with Core-Mark.
THE POWER OF ONE. STRENGTHENED BY ALL.
As a Core-Mark Driver, you will be responsible for providing accurate and timely product deliveries to customers on assigned routes, verifying and picking-up credits, and contributing to customers' experiences. You will work directly with our customers, establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with them, ensuring quality from warehouse to store. Come drive with us and experience the impact of serving community businesses and your fellow employees.
At Core-Mark, we know your power comes from your overall well-being and the well-being of your family. That's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that supports the health of you and your family. As a part of our family, your benefit offerings include:
- Highly Competitive Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Health Savings & Flexible Spending Accounts
- Core-Benefits: Life,Disability,& Employee Assistance Program paid by Core-Mark
- Work/Life Balance: Sick Leave, Vacation Time, Holidays, & Tuition Reimbursement
- Financial Wellness:401(k) Plan with a 50% match on the first 6% contributed, Group Voluntary Benefits, Pet Insurance, Commuter Benefit, Employee Discounts, & Scholarship Opportunities for children of employees
- Preforming pre-trip and post-trip inspections of equipment, paperwork, and loaded product.
- Maintaining daily electronic driving logs.
- Drive to destinations as outlined in the manifest, in a safe, responsible manner and in compliance with all state laws and transportation regulations.
- Notifying Customer Service with any route changes, time delays, and non-delivered orders.
- Checking-in with customers at each designated account and serving as a Core-Mark representative.
- Finding solutions to possible challenges with the assistance of Customer Service.
- Unloading and delivering product to assigned area within account as directed by the customer.
- Assisting Customer Service and Buyers as needed in a prompt, professional manner.
- Checking for credits and processing them according to company guidelines.
- Submitting customer payments and paperwork to appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
- Performing other tasks and duties as assigned.
Physical Demands &Working Conditions:
- Physical ability to lift, unload, and carry totes and bundles up to 30 lbs. repetitively and up to 60 lbs. occasionally, push up to 50 lbs., and move a dolly loaded with up to 250 lbs.
- Physical ability to maneuver loaded hand carts over a variety of inclines and surfaces.
- Physical ability to stand and walk frequently, and be able to drive for a significant period of time.
- Physical ability to occasionally bend, kneel, crouch, climb, or crawl.
- Exposure to a variety of environmental conditions: weather, temperature, lighting, and noise as determined by circumstances at accounts within assigned territory.
To be successful in this position, the right candidate needs to be driven and have full mobility, adequate strength and exceptional customer service skills. Other qualifications include:
- Valid Class A CDL license
- Acceptable driving/MVR record.
- Ability to successfully pass a background check and a drug test.
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions.
- Language: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Reasoning: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
At Core-Mark we are a family. We are committed to creating an environment that embraces and enables all to reach their full potential. It is through empowering every employee to bring their full self and full power to work that makes Core-Mark collectively stronger.
THE POWER OF ONE. STRENGTHENED BY ALL.