Discover the power of one — and all — at Core-Mark
Come join the team that has been empowering customers, investing in people and serving communities for 130 years. The Power of One. Strengthen By All.
We are seeking Class A CDL Driver to deliver products and merchandise to our clients to support our new growth in this area. In this role, you will also be delivering via a hand truck/dolly - down stacking and sorting frozen, refrigerated and dry goods to be brought into each individual location. You will be expected to provide great customer service to the managerial staff at each location you deliver to -- ensuring their complete satisfaction with the product and the process
A CAREER AT CORE-MARK
As a large, well-established company, we are proud to offer exceptional job stability and benefits to help our employees stay healthy, balance work and their personal lives and meet their long-term financial goals.
In addition to steady hours and competitive pay, our drivers also get:
Generous medical, dental & vision coverage ($60 to $190 per month depending on plan selected)
- 401(k) retirement savings with employer matching and immediate vesting
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible work scheduling
- Home most nights (with the exception of overnight drivers)
- New and maintained fleet
- Day Cabs
- Paid training/component pay from day one
- Steady pay and hours all year
- Assigned routes and customers
- Drivers do not fuel up their own trucks
- Drivers do not load their trailers
Many of our drivers have been with us for as long as 10 to 30 years. And why not? We offer a positive work environment with a family feel, as well as state-of-the-art equipment and vehicles (complete with AC) and opportunities to grow within the company. Unlike many other organizations, we don't require drivers to do any merchandising work, and they get to enjoy most nights at home, not on the road. How you will contribute as a Class A Driver
While much of the role involves driving, you'll be first and foremost the face of our brand. You'll be the primary point of contact for our customers, many of whom are Fortune 500 companies. And the loyalty and trust that evolve from the strong business relationships you build will create a huge value add for them--and our company. So if you love people and have a passion for customer service, read on. With the variety of duties you'll perform from day to day, you'll constantly be on the go and never bored. You'll deliver products safely and on time to multiple stops daily. Additional responsibilities will include offloading work, such as stacking and sorting delivered goods and pickups as needed, as well as:
As a Driver, you will be expected to provide great customer service to the managerial staff at each location you deliver to -- ensuring their complete satisfaction with the product and the process.
- Following managers' direction regarding product placement
- Reviewing invoices with store management
- Completing any necessary paperwork
- CDL Class A
- Must be flexible with your time
- Must adapt well to adverse road conditions, customer requests, equipment malfunctions and product discrepancies.
- Quick learners with natural drive and motivation. Also, due to the fact that this is a customer-facing role, great interpersonal communication skills are essential
- Distribution and/or food service experience, restaurant, grocery, etc. is a plus
- Driving experience is a plus
To be successful in this position, the right candidate needs to be driven and have full mobility, adequate strength and exceptional customer service skills
- All applicants must have a Class A License
- Ability to lift 50lbs, push 50lbs, and move a hand truck/dolly loaded with up to 250 lbs.
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions and stand for extended periods of time while performing physical labor.