L&W Supply is a leading specialty distributor of drywall, ceiling tiles, steel framing and other building materials used by commercial and residential contractors. L&W Supply delivers the products and capabilities offered by a national distributor paired with the service and personal touch usually found only in a locally owned business.
If you are a licensed CDL Driver who is looking for a rewarding, local opportunity with an established company, we want to hear from you! In this role, you will ensure the safety of each delivery from the moment you leave the facility until you have completed each delivery.
Specific duties may include:
- Operating a delivery vehicle to/from the delivery site
- Unloading and stocking building materials on jobsites as directed
- Physically handling material with a co-worker
- Overseeing the safe loading of the delivery vehicle to ensure the order is accurate and that the products are of the highest quality possible
- Obeying all regulatory agency and company safety directives
- Obeying all traffic laws and weight limits
- Supervising and expediting the unloading operation at delivery sites to ensure the safe and accurate delivery of all building materials
- Responsible for site safety as it pertains to the delivery
- Accurately distribute and place all specified building materials as indicated on the order ticket
- Safely and effectively operate a boom, crane or Gradall as needed, based on the specific requirements of the customer
- Responsible for having the delivered product neatly placed and appearing as orderly and presentable as possible.
- This position does not require over the road travel
Specific qualifications include:
- Valid CDL - Class A
- Ability to unload, transport, and position all building materials as required
- Ability to stand, climb, reach, bend, and twist throughout complete shifts
- Ability to consistently lift and carry 115 lbs with assistance
- Box and/or straight truck experience is a plus
- Semi tractor or trailer experience is a plus
Benefits may include:
- Health, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer paid life insurance
- Flex spending
- 401(k) with generous company match
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Workplace
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.