Mixer Driver - Ready Mix Concrete
Mixer Driver - Ready Mix Concrete
Recently ranked at #72 on Fortune magazine's list of the 100 Fastest-Growing Companies in the world, Martin Marietta, a member of the S&P 500 Index, employs more than 8,500 employees at operations spanning 27 states, Canada and the Bahamas. A leading supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials, dedicated teams at Martin Marietta supply the resources for the roads, sidewalks and foundations on which we live.
At Martin Marietta, we are always looking for the best and the brightest, for people who have the potential to be the Company's future leaders. We are building on our foundation of success by selecting the finest people and helping them realize their potential. When you decide to build your career at Martin Marietta, you'll know what it's like to be respected, challenged and rewarded.
A Mixer Driver is responsible for safely and efficiently delivering ready mix concrete from production facilities to customer job sites. As a key member of our team, the Mixer Driver works with multiple departments to serve our customers with high quality products and service.
Martin Marietta provides ongoing safety and operational training programs for all employees. We also provide comprehensive defensive driving and ready mix training to all new hires.
- Safety: Learn our company's safety program and perform safe practices at all times.
- Delivery: Deliver ready mix concrete safely and efficiently from production sites to customer projects. Ensure delivery records are processed appropriately.
- Customer Service: Maintain good customer relations by acting in a professional and courteous manner.
- Teamwork: Be a team player and maintain a positive attitude with other team members.
- Communication: Communicate with dispatch, plant operators, other drivers, and customers to provide best-in-class service.
- Quality: Visually inspect the quality and consistency of concrete in the mixer truck.
- Maintenance: Perform daily preventative truck maintenance and inspection.
- Dependability: Demonstrate reliable work ethic and self-motivation. Ensure environmental and DOT requirements are followed.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Valid CDL Class B license with air brake endorsement.
- Must pass a road test (contact us about shifting training opportunities).
- Able to work 50-70 hours a week.
- Available to work rotating Saturdays.
- Motor vehicle record (MVR) with safe driving record.
- Active DOT qualification.
- Clean criminal background.
- Must complete a drug screen and physical.
- Capable of working outside in all weather conditions and in elevated areas.
- Ability to walk, climb, grasp, stand, and balance.
- Ability to lift objects of various dimensions and weights.
- Ability to perform sustained overhead reaching.
Martin Marietta's employee benefits are what you'd expect from an industry leader - comprehensive and competitive. These benefits have been designed to help you build a strong future for you and your family.
- Prescription Drug
- Health Care Reimbursement Account
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Account
- Wellness Programs
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- 401(k) with Company matching
- Sickness and Accident – Short-Term Disability
- Optional Long-Term Disability
- Employee Life Insurance
- Spouse & Dependent Life Insurance
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Direct Deposit Payroll
- Educational/Tuition Assistance Plan
- College Scholarship Program – for dependent children
- Matching Gift Program
- New Auto Purchase Discount Plans
Qualified minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.