As one of the largest North American industrial distributors of maintenance and construction products, HD Supply's key to success has always been our associates. Come be a part of our collaborative, innovative, fast-paced team, where meaningful work, professional development, competitive pay and benefits support our culture of wellness. Let's get to work - together. Join the HD Supply family today!
Shift: Monday-Friday; 6:30am until finish
Work Location: 1120 Saline St, North Kansas City, MO 64116
HD Supply Offers:
- Local Delivery Routes (Not Over the Road)
- Monday - Friday Schedule (No Weekends!)
- Competitive Pay
- Benefits Eligibility after 90 days (Medical, Life, Dental, Vision, 401k)
- 14 Days of Paid Time Off (Vacation, Personal, Floating Holidays, Wellness Day)
- Sick Leave
- Opportunities for Annual and/or Referral Bonuses
- Opportunities for Career Advancement and Personal Growth
- Must be at least 21 yrs of age
- Must have a clean driving record; no points or accidents in the past 3 years; no drug or alcohol related issues.
- Must be able to operate up to a 26 ft box truck
- Must be able to pass a DOT physical
- Must be dependable and customer service oriented
- Must be a flexible team player
- Ability to operate a 16ft - 26ft Box Truck with Automatic Transmission and Air Brakes.
- At least 1 year of Delivery Driving experience and some knowledge of DOT regulations preferred.
- Experience with multiple stops a plus.
- Forklift Certification a plus.
- Ability to lift 50-75 lbs or more on a regular basis with or without a dolly.
- Ability to load and unload a truck.
- Ability to navigate the basic functions of a computer and handheld devices.
HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) ( www.hdsupply.com ) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Job Description & Qualifications
Make deliveries to customer job sites while adhering to all safety procedures. Load inventory on truck and unload at customer site.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Performs routine inspections of vehicles and supplies to ensure road safety.
- Plans route to and from customers' businesses and adjusts for traffic and/or construction.
- Ensures that manifests are complete and accurate.
- Delivers merchandise to customers and contacts customers if they are not present.
- Loads truck with daily merchandise to be delivered and unloads merchandise for customers.
- Pulls orders to match manifests.
- Prepares and maintains records in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Provides assistance to resolve customer issues.
Nature and Scope
- Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past practices, or instruction. Seeks advice and guidance on non-routine or problem areas from supervisor. Deviations from the norm are cleared by the supervisor.
- Under close supervision, exercises limited latitude/independent judgment. Work typically involves detailed checks or close review of output by a senior coworker and/or supervisor.
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment that may be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 5% of the time.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. 0-2 years of experience in area of responsibility.
Job Locations US-MO-North Kansas City - US-MO-Kansas City
Posted Date 2 weeks ago (1/13/2020 7:44 PM)
Job ID 2020-36219
Business Unit Facilities Maintenance
Functional Area Transportation
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 64116
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.