Local Driver Material Handler
Nexeo Plastics is a leading global thermoplastic resins distributor, representing quality products from world-class suppliers, and serving a diverse customer base across North America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East, Africa, and Asia.
From material selection to supply chain and inventory solutions, we go beyond traditional logistics to provide value-added services across many industries, including automotive, healthcare, packaging, wire and cable, 3D printing and more.
Our people, our passion, our global reach, and our technology platform allow us to create unique ways to reduce complexity in your business, identify efficiencies, and unlock value for suppliers and customers.
Nexeo Plastics facilities are ISO 9001 certified. We diligently observe a commitment to quality in all of our practices and adhere to a defined quality policy.
- Proper handling and management of flammable, hazardous, and non-hazardous products and wastes as scheduled or required.
- Monitor and remove all flammable, hazardous, and non-hazardous products and waste from line side and move to designated areas.
- Placement of all containers as needed in support of production and cafeteria waste generation and removal.
- Responsible for inspections and record keeping.
- Assist other team members as needed (including plant trash and recyclables).
- Special assignments or tasks as requested.
- Report all recognized unsafe conditions or acts.
Operates company owned or leased bulk or packaged trucks over 20 tons to facilitate shipping and receiving operations. Perform tasks safely and in a manner consistent with Nexeo Plastics procedures. Communicates effectively to internal team members and external customers. Must be medically certified to operate a commercial motor vehicle per 49 CFR 390.5, except as provided in 391.67. Must be able to safely work with load securing devices.
- Operate company owned and leased trucks over 20 tons to facilitate shipping and receiving operations of bulk or packaged goods.
- Perform required pre-trip, during and post-trip vehicle inspections and provide required reports. Monitor hours of service accurately.
- Provide outstanding customer service during the delivery and pick up operations. Assist customers with questions or problems attend to customer needs. Ensure delivered goods correspond to products identified on the bill of lading.
- Maintain all required certifications required by the D.O.T, OSHA and company safety programs. Maintain eligibility to hold hazardous materials endorsements (no disqualifying offenses per the TSA). Maintain a valid commercial driver's license (Class A) with Hazardous Material Endorsement.
- Maintain and protect all company property entrusted to you in excellent condition.
- During loading and unloading process check weights of shipment and monitor distribution weight to legal road limits. Ensures material is properly and safely loaded and unloaded from vehicle for either bulk or packaged delivery. Check material for damage and quantity discrepancies. Engage appropriate Nexeo Plastics team member if any discrepancies exist.
- Pick up empty or partially empty drums, totes. Review paperwork to ensure transport of material is authorized and in compliance.
- Perform any other tasks assigned to support and improve the overall team operations. (E.g. warehouse clean up).
- Attend and participate in training meetings.
- Perform duties and tasks in a manner consistent with the Business Responsibilities of a Nexeo Plastics employee.
- Operate fork lift to pick material, store and stage material as needed.
- Bulk off load material from either bulk tank trucks or rail cars using a fork lift or a pallet jack or by moving and connecting 50 lb. hoses between the storage vehicle and piping system in load rack as needed.
- High school diploma or GED
- Possess the proper CDL with all applicable endorsements and clean driving record
- A minimum of 2 year driving experience in the last 3 years
- Experience loading and unloading shipments for delivery
- Experience with delivery to well sites a strong plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with clients in a professional manner
- Forklift experience
- Must be authorized to work in the United States