Yard Jockey (Spotter)
2nd shift Monday - Friday, alternating Saturdays and Sundays 1st shift
This position is responsible for the effective daily coordination and movement of inbound containers and outbound trailers by use of a yard jockey vehicle.
- Organize and prioritize trailer placement in collaboration with the Outbound and Inbound Coordinators
- Successfully place equipment at corresponding doors, chock tires, and set trailer jacks
- Inspect containers for damage or unsafe alterations and report any findings to management
- Pull equipment from door once given all clear, close the doors, and ensure the seal is properly attached
- Move equipment to designated staging area
- Work to improve processes and procedures to maximize safety, effectiveness, and efficiency
- Maintain processes and procedures in accordance with company regulations and safety standards
- Complete daily inspection of jockey truck noting any maintenance issues to management
- Maintain the cleanliness of outdoor yard area by routinely removing trash and debris
- Conduct yard check documenting loaded and unloaded trucks on yard
- Responsible for refueling the vehicle
Education and Experience Requirement
- High school diploma or equivalent
Skills and Experience Desired:
- 1-2 years of relevant experience required
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Must possess excellent customer service and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and work in a fast-paced environment
- Must possess a valid commercial driver license (CDL)
- Excellent Written & Oral Communication Skills
- Self Directed and Able to Work in Dynamic & Evolving Environment
- Ability to Work Effectively in Cross Functional Teams
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) is a plus
- Knowledge of a WMS, specifically Red Prairie, is a plus
- Knowledge of a TMS, specifically Mercury Gate, is a plus
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to a warehouse environment and moving vehicles as well as outdoor weather conditions including heat, cold, rain, and/or snow. The noise level in the work environment is typically moderate to noisy.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance, employee development and compensation. As such, the incumbent may perform other duties and responsibilities as required.