OTR Class A CDL Driver – Low Deck – Oversized Load
Call at 866-974-3734 to learn more about Progress Rail and our opportunities to drive!
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package.
- Competitive Salary
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Medical/Dental/Life/Disability insurance coverage available
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Relocation assistance may be available for some positions
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits.
This position will require operating within the lower 48 states, driving oversized loads.
Key Job Elements:
- Driving drop deck truck with an oversized load;
- Securing freight to drop deck flatbed trailer with tarps, chains, binders, and straps;
- Reading maps and planning trips;
- Conduct pre-trip and post-trip inspections on equipment;
- Completing driver's paperwork (logs, trip reports, DVIR's etc.);
- Scheduling maintenance of equipment with the shop.
- Ability to climb onto trailer;
- Operate OTR equipment safely;
- Bind and secure loads.
Education / Training:
- Class A CDL license, required;
Qualifications and Experience:
- Must have at least 2 years of recent OTR verifiable tractor trailer experience (Low boy and Drop deck flatbed preferred);
- Compliance with state and federal DOT rules and regulations;
- Engaging personality with a stable work history;
- Ability to communicate with all levels of employees and customers;
- Attention to detail with driver's paperwork;
- Prefer a current TWIC;
- Be able to climb onto and down from the trailer;
- Possess sufficient strength to tie down a load properly.
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs
Qualified candidates, please click APPLY BELOW or
give us a call at 866-974-3734 and we can discuss any questions you may have.
Watch our video below and know this is the team to join!
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities