CHS Sun Basin Growers has an exciting opportunity in our Country Operations Division. We are looking for a Local Delivery Driver to deliver product in Central WA. You must have a high energy level, exhibit personal integrity, have an excellent driving record and be committed to safety, customer service, and solving problems creatively. You must have a good work ethic with professional communication skills.
Call Us at (877) 774-7539 for more information.
- Pick up and deliver product to customers in a safe, timely, and professional manner, ensuring the truck is operated in a safe manner at all times.
- Follow all guidelines and regulations for hauling petroleum, packaged grease, and lube.
- Maintain logs with each shipment, completing daily invoices and reports.
- Perform visual inspection of the truck before leaving premises and complete maintenance report on all deficiencies.
- Report all accidents, traffic violations, and damage to vehicles.
- Complete daily maintenance report and notify supervisor of any needed repairs.
- Maintain cleanliness of your truck both inside and out.
- Ensure on-time loading and unloading and communicate with vendors if delays occur.
- Provide excellent customer service, treating all customers in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Be available to load and/or unload your loads as needed.
- Make out the daily trip sheet and other paperwork as required.
- Use sound judgment and abilities to support the best interests of the company in all situations.
- Perform other related duties as needed or assigned.
- Assist in the warehouse when not delivering product.
- Ability to lift/carry up to 80lbs, walk, stand, sit, bend, and kneel
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures, and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- must meet minimum age requirement by state
- Valid Class A CDL with airbrake endorsement
- 3 plus months of experience operating a tractor-trailer combination, manual & automatic.
- Ability to pass DOT drug test
- Ability to work additional hours and occasional weekends to meet business needs.
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- Bulk liquid experience
- Customer service experience
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English
- Hazmat and tanker endorsements
- Must acquire TWIC card upon hiring
Bulk liquid and Fork-lift experience
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation , 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance. This position will have opportunity for growth.
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States. Diversified in energy, grains and foods, CHS is committed to helping its customers, farmer-owners and other stakeholders grow their businesses through its domestic and global operations. CHS supplies energy, crop nutrients, grain marketing services, animal feed, food and food ingredients, along with insurance, financial and risk management services. The company operates petroleum refineries/pipelines and manufactures, markets and distributes Cenex® brand refined fuels, lubricants, propane and renewable energy products. CHS is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Minority, Female, Veteran, Disability, Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
The CHS Talent Acquisition Team supports recruitment for positions within CHS as well as finding opportunities for candidates within our robust network of member cooperatives. By submitting an application for any position, you give CHS permission to review your application and contact you to discuss opportunities within our member cooperatives.
Minimum Years of Experience Required
Minimum Education Required
GED / High School Diploma
Driver / Transportation
Call Us at (877) 774-7539 for more information.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify information.