This position is for local residents only.
Want to work for a company that is reimagining distribution? Join Univar Solutions, the premier global distributor of chemicals and ingredients. Our goal is to function as a direct extension of our customers' teams; to serve as an ally in their quest of business success.
At Univar Solutions, we're building on our more than 90 years of experience and drawing on deep resources – inventory and logistics experts, scientists, PhDs, procurement, customer service, sales and marketers-to deliver consultative services and an unmatched portfolio to solve customers' formulation and operational challenges. When you work for Univar Solutions, you'll play an important role in shaping how we deliver more than chemical and ingredients.
Position Location: Tewksbury, MA - $5K Sign-on Bonus
- Operate company owned and leased trucks over 20 tons to facilitate shipping and receiving operations of bulk or packaged goods.
- Perform required pre-trip, during and post-trip vehicle inspections and provide required reports. Monitor hours of service accurately.
- Provide outstanding customer service during the delivery and pick up operations. Assist customers with questions or problems attend to customer needs. Ensure delivered goods correspond to products identified on the bill of lading.
- Maintain all required certifications required by the D.O.T, OSHA and company safety programs. Maintain eligibility to hold hazardous materials endorsements (no disqualifying offenses per the TSA). Maintain a valid commercial driver's license (Class A) with Hazardous Material Endorsement.
- Maintain and protect all company property entrusted to you in excellent condition.
- During loading and unloading process check weights of shipment and monitor distribution weight to legal road limits. Ensures material is properly and safely loaded and unloaded from vehicle for either bulk or packaged delivery. Check material for damage and quantity discrepancies. Engage appropriate Univar Solutions team member if any discrepancies exist.
- Pick up empty or partially empty drums, totes. Review paperwork to ensure transport of material is authorized and in compliance.
- May perform quality control functions (lab testing) as needed.
- Perform any other tasks assigned to support and improve the overall team operations. (E.g. warehouse clean up).
- Attend and participate in training meetings.
- Perform duties and tasks in a manner consistent with the Business Responsibilities of a Univar Solutions employee.
- Operate fork lift to pick material, store and stage material as needed.
- Bulk off load material from either bulk tank trucks or rail cars using a fork lift or a pallet jack or by moving and connecting 50 lb. hoses between the storage vehicle and piping system in load rack as needed.
- Filling drums or totes on a roller line to meet Univar Solutions and customer specifications as needed. Ensure proper labeling of material as needed.
- Must be able to lift, pull or push 50 lbs. Must be able to sit and operate a motor vehicle for prolonged periods of time. (e.g. bagged material, drummed material on pallet jack).
- Must frequently be able to ascend and descend ladder to vent bulk tanks, or access bulk loading area. Must frequently be able to kneel or crouch to inspect vehicle.
- Frequently must be able to position and connect hoses and detect secure and proper fittings for bulk loading and unloading. Must be able to input information into various machines following prescribed standards (e.g. blend formula, inventory tracking handheld device or personal computer).
- Communicate information essential to accurate receipt and shipment of material to customers. Expresses ideas clearly and in a professional manner. Hear warning facility or warning signals to maintain safe clearing from moving vehicles (e.g. backing).
- Identify road signage and assess road conditions and discern implication for safe operation of vehicle. See and read documents and interpret instructions. Ability to see warning signals.
- Must be able to safely operate a commercial motor vehicle as defined by 49 CFR 391.41
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand and apply instructions in the English language.
- Must be able to understand and fully comply with all laws governing the trucking and warehousing industry.
- Must be able to perform basic mathematical calculations related to container quantities, blending, etc.)
Equipment Used (What / How Often):
- Information System: At Roads; People Net
- Vehicle Types: Tractor trailer, tanker, straight truck, hybrid ; Hoses: 2-inch and 3-inch chemical galvanized caged hoses with carbon steel fittings
- Hoses weigh approximately seven pounds per foot and vary from five to twenty foot lengths. Hoses used daily at an average of two hours per day.
- Pumps: Blackmer 3 -inch used an average of two hours per day.
- Must possess a valid CLASS A CDL with HAZMAT and TANKER endorsement
- A minimum of 2 year driving experience in the last 3 years
- Experience loading and unloading shipments for delivery
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with clients in a professional manner Forklift experience
We offer comprehensive benefits to employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD and life insurance, 401k, generous PTO and much more.
Qualified Candidates Apply Below or Call Daniel @ (844) 544-8043