What you'll do at
WALMART TRANSPORTATION is Hiring CDL-A Drivers for home daily night runs in the Gas City, IN Area!
Walmart wants to help you find your place - a stress-free, flexible work environment where drivers are treated with respect. A place where a well-deserved break with family balances out the hours you log on the road. Where highly competitive pay and smart benefits fit your way of life. This is that place. This is Walmart. And we have immediate openings for full-time drivers. If you're looking to find a home on the road, join the Walmart Transportation team today.
What You'll Get
Our drivers enjoy a great balance between work and life, as well as top pay. As a professional truck driver with Walmart, you can enjoy the following benefits:
• Potential annual earnings up to $70,000 or more.
• Activity, Training, and Mileage Pay from Day 1
• Quarterly Safe Driving Bonuses
• No Loading or Unloading Freight
• Home Daily with resets at home
• Medical Plan Benefits That Start on Day 1
• Additional Life Insurance, Dental, Vision and Pharmacy Benefits Offered
• Option to Enroll in Our 401K Plan and Stock Purchase Program
• Opportunity to Earn Up to 21 Paid Days Off in Your First Year
Running at night comes with benefits! - Experience less traffic and delays on
the road way, less congestion and wait time at deliveries, and a higher
percentage of vendor pick-ups will be drop and hook!
The number one reason our drivers leave is retirement - our turnover is one of the lowest in the industry! Don't miss out on this great opportunity. Review our minimum qualifications and apply today!
• An Interstate (Class A) Commercial Driver's License with Hazmat endorsement (including cleared background check) or will obtain HAZMAT endorsement (with cleared background check) within 120 calendar days of date of hire.
• A minimum of 30 months experience working in a full-time Class A tractor/trailer driving position in the previous 3 years.
• No more than two (2) moving violations while operating a personal or commercial motor vehicle in the last three (3) years.
• No serious traffic violations while operating a commercial motor vehicle in the last three (3) years.
• No DUI, DWI, OUI, or reckless driving involving alcohol/drugs convictions within the last ten (10) years.
• No preventable accidents* while operating a commercial motor vehicle in the last three (3) years.
• No preventable* DOT recordable accidents (collisions resulting in disabling damage and/or immediate medical treatment away from the scene) while operating a commercial motor vehicle in the last ten (10) years.
• No preventable accidents* resulting in a fatality or catastrophic injury in driving history (commercial motor vehicle).
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability-and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries-all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
Frequently asked questions
- On average, how long does it take to fill out an application?
On average, it takes 45-60 minutes to complete your application for the first time. Subsequent applications will take less time to apply as our system saves some of your application information. Please note that some positions require the completion of assessments in order to receive consideration for that role. Those would take additional time.
- Can I change my application after submitting?
No, you cannot change your application after submitting, so please make sure that everything is finalized before you hit the submit button.
- How do you protect my personal information?
Processing of information on paper is minimal, and Walmart processes application information using an applicant tracking system (ATS). Access to the data within the ATS is restricted to authorized personnel, and the system itself is held to high security standards by Walmart.
- What are the recommended Internet Browsers for applying for open roles?
- Internet Explorer 8.0
- Firefox 4.0
- Safari 4.0
- Chrome 12