Essential work can't stop - we are hiring heroes today!
Over-the-Road (OTR) Tanker CDL truck drivers travel the country and earn up to $0.54 per mile* with a weekly performance pay up to $0.04 per mile (up to $72,000 per year with accessorial pay). OTR Tanker drivers also get home every other week. Schneider provides industry-leading paid training to all Tanker drivers - no tanker experience required.
Schneider Tanker truckers specialize in the safe transfer of bulk liquid chemicals with 2/3 of them non-hazardous. Advance your career by becoming part of Schneider's elite group of Tanker drivers, enjoying consistent advancement opportunities. Enjoy a small-company feel and large-company benefits when you start your career as an OTR Tanker driver today!
Looking to become a truck driver?
Eligible CDL Truck Driver Applicants: All Class A CDL holders
Houston Tanker Truck Driver Pay
- Up to $0.54 per mile*
- Performance pay up to $0.04 per mile more, paid out weekly
- Up to $72,000 per year* with average 15% of pay from accessorials
- Loading and unloading pay
- HazMat endorsement reimbursed upon receipt
- *Based on CDL driver experience
Over-the-Road Tanker Truck Driver Benefits
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, plus flexible spending options
- 401(k) savings plan with company match
- Paid orientation and time off
- Up to $7,000 tuition reimbursement (paid at $200/month) for qualified drivers
- Credit for Military Experience and Military Apprenticeship programs, plus more military benefits
- Many more - see full list of benefits
Houston Tanker Truck Driver Qualifications
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
- Live within 150 miles of Houston, TX and live in Texas
- Tanker endorsement required at time of hire
- Schneider's self-paced online certification training program will help secure your required HazMat endorsement
- TWIC card (Transportation Worker Identification Card) preferred before hire. Required to start process within 60 days of hire.
More Reasons to Select Schneider Tanker
- Average fleet age 2.5 years, over 60% automated transmissions
- Nationwide facility network, many locations offering free showers, laundry, WiFi, exercise equipment, TV lounges, cafeterias and more
- Nationwide parking network with 24/7 access to free and safe parking
- Industry-leading, personalized tanker training with paid orientation
- 24/7/365 operations and maintenance support to keep you moving
- Learn more about Schneider's Tanker division
A huge freight base, options galore, big money, respect for drivers, nationwide facility network, commitment to safety - don't settle for a few somewhere else when you can have it all with Schneider. The best you can get is an application away.
"It seemed like a no-brainer to switch to Schneider. Schneider has the best you can get."
Join one of the top trucking companies in Texas. Apply online below for more information about becoming an Over-the-Road Tanker driver with Schneider!
Schneider uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired associates. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Job Company Driver
Sign On Bonus