When you work for AmeriGas, you become a part of something BIG! Founded in 1959, AmeriGas is the nation's premiere propane company, serving over 2 million residential, commercial, industrial and motor fuel propane customers. Together, our 8,500 dedicated professionals will deliver 1.5 billion gallons of propane from 1,400 distribution points across the United States.
Are you a Safety-minded Class A Driver looking for a great opportunity? If so, PTI (Propane Transport International) is looking for you. PTI, the Supply and Logistics division of AmeriGas is now hiring Regional Class A Drivers that are safety minded.
PTI specializes in transporting a variety of bulk commodities around the United States. PTI is the largest LPG carrier in the nation. PTI has a World Class Safety attitude focusing on stringent guidelines for equipment, vehicle maintenance and driver training in order to provide safe delivery of products to our customers.
The Transport Driver operate a tractor with a tanker trailer (11,000 gallon capacity) to pick up products at the supply point (e.g. refinery, pipeline terminal, storage facility) and deliver it to area facilities. PTI Drivers are Regional Drivers that are out overnight 2-3 days per week. The driver will make daily pick-ups and deliveries while driving an average of 350-500 miles per day and working up to 14 hours per day. During the months of November through February, the driver can conduct up to five deliveries a day. PTI's average run is around 100 miles per load; and working to the Hours of Service limitations. During Spring and Summer, the driver is expected to haul other products such as Asphalt, Emulsions, Butane, Y-Grade, and other chemical products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safely drive and deliver products for AmeriGas PTI.
- Load and Unload at pickup and delivery points. Average time to load and unload is 45 minutes, but wait times at the rack can increase these times based on the industry demand.
- Attach terminal hoses to the truck connections to pump propane into the tanker.
- Use permanent hoses attached to the filling ports or the hoses stored in the truck to unload the tanker. The hoses stored on the truck come in two sizes: 20 feet long, three inches in diameter; and 19 feet long, 1½ inches in diameter.
- Perform twice daily truck inspections: Pre-Trip and Post-Trip inspections.
- May climb ladders at some AmeriGas facilities to check gauges at the top of the bulk tanks.
Education and Experience Required:
- 3 Years Tractor and Trailer Experience. 200,000 miles minimum
- 1 Year Tanker Experience within the last 3 years, preferred not required
- Hazmat and Tanker Endorsement
- Eligible for a Transportation Workers Identification Card (TWIC)
- No Accidents in the Previous 3 years
- No More Than One Moving Violation in the Previous 2 years
- Driver is expected to work out in the elements during loading and unloading process.
- Driver must be willing to stay 2-3 nights out on the road up to several weeks at a time during the busy winter season.
- All PTI Trucks are equipped with sleeper-cabs.
- PTI provides (Company and Owner Operators) electronic log device (ELD) (Rand McNally).
- Company Trucks are equipped with Lytx Drive-Cams.
PTI Offers our Company Drivers:
- Excellent Competitive Pay
- Quarterly Safety and Performance Bonus
- Competitive Medical, Dental, Paid Vacation, and 401K
- Referral Bonus Program
- EZ Pass provided
AmeriGas is a Drug Free Workplace. Candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and a criminal background check. AmeriGas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Nearest Major Market: Canton
Nearest Secondary Market: Akron
Job Segment: Medical, Delivery, Supply, Refinery, Facilities, Healthcare, Retail, Operations, Energy