Pick up and deliveries in Montreal and surronding areas with tailgate
Monday to Friday
7:00a.m. to 5:00p.m.
Day & Ross is currently seeking a full-time Owner Operator for our Freight in Montreal, QC.
With a focus on quality customer service that extends to our valued employees, Day & Ross has been continuously recognized as an honored recipient of Canada's Best Managed Companies since 2005.
Day & Ross is committed to an exceptional customer experience. We achieve this by being: authentic, committed, caring, trusted, and enthusiastic.
To be qualified for this role, please ensure your resume clearly displays some or all of the following:
• Minimum of 12 months verified safe Tractor Trailer driving experience
• Possess heavy vehicle driver license (Class 1 license)
• Excellent driving skills with a focus on attentive and defensive driving
• Must have a safety first mind set and be self-motivated.
• Able to communication in English - written and verbal
• Customer service focused
• Legally authorized to work in Canada
• Satisfactory drivers abstract (no older than 30 days), including no DUI violations in past five (5) years; no over the road preventable accidents (yard accidents will be reviewed); no more than two (2) moving violations in past two (2) years; no defensive driving infractions as outlined in onboarding document
• Satisfactory criminal record check (no older than three (3) months)
• One season winter driving experience
• Successful completion of a DOT drug test
• Road test by Day & Ross approved third party driving school
The working environment includes driving on a daily basis; may have a regular route or may be required to drive to a variety of locations. Also, rigid deadlines, adverse weather conditions and physical labour.
Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to reference and criminal background checks prior to employment.
We thank you for your application, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
As a federally regulated employer, Day & Ross fully supports the principles of employment equity and encourages all qualified members of the designated groups to apply.
Internal reference code: #zrqc