Previously known as HD Supply - Construction & Industrial and now known as White Cap Supply Holdings, Inc., we are made up of three distinct businesses called White Cap, Contractors' Warehouse and Brafasco:
- WHITE CAP is the nation's leading distributor of specialty hardware, tools, safety supplies, concrete accessories and materials for professional contractors.
- BRAFASCO is an industrial distributor in Canada specializing in fasteners, safety supplies and tools.
- CONTRACTORS WAREHOUSE (formerly known as Home Improvement Solutions) offers remodeling and construction supplies to contractors and trade professionals through local retail outlets.
With customer-facing locations across the U.S. and Canada, White Cap Supply Holdings is a leading distributor of specialty concrete and construction products and services in North America serving professional contractors across non-residential, residential and other markets.
White Cap Supply Holdings is headquartered in Norcross, GA, and has approximately 269 locations across 39 U.S. States and six Canadian provinces. Approximately 5,600 associates provide support for more than 200,000 customers annually.
White Cap Supply Holdings provides specialty concrete and construction products serving professional concrete contractors and self-performing general contractors, as well as all professional contractors who require power tools and accessories, safety equipment, and fastening products in non-residential, residential and other markets.
In addition to value-add services, White Cap Supply Holdings offers a portfolio of 400,000 SKUs that include concrete accessories and chemicals, engineered materials and fastening systems, steel products, tools and equipment, building envelope, safety and consumables, and wood products.
White Cap Supply Holdings is commonly referred to simply as White Cap.
Job Description & Qualifications
Make deliveries to customer job sites while adhering to all DOT regulations and safety procedures. Load inventory on truck and unload at customer site. Operate trucks to pick up and deliver products, supplies and equipment to and from organization, supplier and customer sites. Duties may involve complex pickups and deliveries, e.g., night deliveries, transport of dangerous and hazardous materials.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Delivers products to customers which may include assistance with unloading, ensuring delivery of ticket with material, etc. Serves as primary interface with the customer at point of delivery. Contacts customers if they are not present at delivery location.
- Loads truck with daily deliveries. Unloads product at customer's site.
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip inspections in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and HD Supply policies and procedures. Reports vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage before and after route. Fuels truck as needed.
- Resolves customer service issues.
- Complies with all DOT (Department of Transportation) standards and regulations. Maintains records such as vehicle logs and bill of ladings in accordance with guidelines.
- Plans route to and from customers' businesses and adjusts for traffic and/or construction.
- Ensures that manifests are complete and accurate.
- May assist warehouse staff with pulling and preparing orders for shipment, as well as receiving, verifying, staging and stocking all incoming material.
Nature and Scope
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor.
- Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, and techniques. Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior coworker or supervisor.
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment that may be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. Specialized skills training/certification may be required. Generally 2-5 years of experience in area of responsibility.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- Have a current Class A or B Commercial Driver's License (CDL) issued by the state in which the candidate resides with all the relevant endorsements required for type of equipment being operated (i.e. Hazardous Material to transport hazardous materials that require placarding).
- One (1) year of commercial driving experience compliant with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations and DOT regulations preferred.
- Forklift certification preferred.
Job Locations US-NH-Portsmouth
Posted Date 1 month ago (10/15/2020 1:06 AM)
Job ID 2020-37806
Business Unit Construction Industrial WC
Functional Area Transportation
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
White Cap is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. White Cap considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.