Have you considered being a Part-Time Professional School Bus Driver? Now's your chance!
We offer Free School Bus License Training!
Learn to drive school bus in a NEW way!
Our training is completed in a social distance/responsible manner. Your safety and ours is our top priority during your training experience. We provide all required PPE.
Please speak to our Location Managers after you apply with any questions you have regarding safety measures and training options.
We need school bus drivers in Georgetown & Acton, Ontario to safely transport some extremely precious passengers. A special job requires special people which is why we need drivers with a strong commitment to safety and customer service who genuinely care for children because it's the relationships that make this career more rewarding than regular jobs.
That is exactly why our drivers say this is the “lots of-freedom, life-changing, love-what-you-do” line of work!
- NOW OFFERING $750 SIGN ON BONUS!
- FREE TRAINING
- COMPETITIVE WAGES
- Nights and Weekends Off
- Freedom of being out on the open road (No desk work!)
- Making a real difference in the lives of the families and children you serve
You'll be responsible for:
- Safely transporting students to/ from school and activities on time
- Performing pre/post- trip vehicle inspections to ensure optimal vehicle safety
- Ensuring students' safety while boarding and exiting buses and crossing streets
- Attending paid monthly in-service safety training
To qualify, you will:
- Meet the minimum age requirements to hold a school bus driver's licence in your province (and company standard minimum 21 years of age).
- Have at least 3 years of driving experience (at least 1 in North America).
- Hold a valid (non-probationary) driver's licence and a very good driving record.
- Undergo & pass a Ministry prescribed Medical examination, criminal record search, vulnerable sector clearance and other background checks.
First Student is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, Aboriginal peoples and members of a visible minority.