Over-the-Road truck drivers in Schneider's Van Truckload division earn up to $0.47 per mile* starting pay with a weekly performance pay up to $0.04 per mile haul 95% no-touch freight and average 2300-3000 miles per week. This CDL driving job is part of a new OTR long haul configuration in the eastern 37 states that allows you to choose from different home time options. Over-the-Road truckers with Schneider hit the open road explore the country and rack up big miles. Start your OTR trucking career in Schneider's Van Truckload division today!
Looking to become a truck driver?
Eligible CDL Truck Driver Applicants: All Class A CDL holders
Over-the-Road Truck Driver Pay
- Up to $71000 per year*
- $5000 sign-on bonus for experienced drivers
- Performance pay up to $0.04 per mile more paid out weekly
- $0.01 per mile automatic annual pay increase
- Potential accessorial pay for detention layover hand load/unload
- Higher pay: Inexperienced OTR mileage rates for example have increased 17% in the last two years
- *Based on CDL driver experience performance and location
Over-the-Road Truck Driver Benefits
- Medical dental and vision insurance plus flexible spending options
- 401(k) savings plan with company match
- Paid orientation and time off
- Up to $7000 tuition reimbursement (paid at $200/month) for qualified drivers
- Credit for Military Experience and Military Apprenticeship programs plus more military benefits
- Many more see full list of benefits
Over-the-Road Truck Driver Qualifications
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
- Automated transmission CDL restriction allowed
- HazMat endorsement preferred
- Passport FAST card or Enhanced CDL opens more opportunities
More Reasons to Choose Over-the-Road Driving at Schneider
- Average fleet age less than 3 years over 2/3 automated transmissions
- Industry-leading year-round nationwide freight base
- 24/7/365 operations and maintenance support
- Mobile apps to increase driver productivity locate equipment expedite access and more
- No employment contract we don't lock you in but you'll want to stay
- Learn more about Over-the-Road driving
Schneider has been an industry leader since 1935 because we understand one simple profound truth: It's all about people. The best combination of freight money equipment and home time is a byproduct of respecting each and every individual. You'll be treated right from the moment you apply.
"I'm not a number at Schneider. I'm a person. When you have people that ask how you are or wish you a happy birthday or a happy anniversary that means a lot."
Join one of the top trucking companies in Georgia. Apply online below for more information about becoming an Over-the-Road truck driver with Schneider!
Schneider uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired associates. To learn more about E-Verify including your rights and responsibilities please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Job Company Driver
Sign On Bonus 5000