Did you know that HD Supply is one of the largest distribution companies in North America? Our sweet spot is connecting maintenance and construction products with businesses that need them. Our company size ($6 billion and growing) and culture allows our associates to learn and grow in all kinds of ways.
Our mission is to build our cities and keep them running. Our Local Drivers get the goods our customers need in order to make this happen.
Shift: Monday-Friday, 6:30AM until finish
Location: 10215 Ridgr Creek Drive Charlotte,NC 28273
Provide exceptional customer service as you safely drive, load, and offload merchandise from 14ft-26ft box trucks In this job, you'll do things like:
- Interact with customers and job site supervisors in a friendly and professional way
- Perform routine inspections of vehicles and supplies to ensure road safety
- Maintain accurate records and electronic logs of deliveries and pickups
- Work independently, take initiative and solve problems
Some perks of this job include:
- Local Delivery Routes - Drivers are home nightly
- Monday-Friday Schedule - Weekends Off!
- Competitive Pay
- Benefits Eligibility after 90 days (Medical, Life, Dental, Vision, 401k, PTO, and more!)
- Paid Vacation & Sick Leave
- Opportunities for Annual and/or Referral Bonuses
- Opportunities for Career Advancement and Personal Growth
Must-haves to apply for this job:
- At least 6 months of experience operating a 16ft-26ft Box Truck with automatic transmission and air brakes
- Valid driver's license
- 21+ years of age due to insurance requirements
- Able to pass a drug test, driving record check, and DOT physical
- Able to do things like lift (up to 50lbs
- ), walk, move, bend, and twist throughout the day.
- Some items are heavier than 50lbs but a two-wheel dolly is provided.
- Able to read, write, and speak English fluently.
Qualifications that will give you an edge:
- Warehouse experience
- Forklift experience or certification
- Experience operating hand trucks, pallet trucks or similar equipment
- Experience with computers and handheld devices
Click "apply now" so we can get to know you!
Job Description & Qualifications
Make deliveries to customer job sites while adhering to all safety procedures. Load inventory on truck and unload at customer site.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Performs routine inspections of vehicles and supplies to ensure road safety.
- Plans route to and from customers' businesses and adjusts for traffic and/or construction.
- Ensures that manifests are complete and accurate.
- Delivers merchandise to customers and contacts customers if they are not present.
- Loads truck with daily merchandise to be delivered and unloads merchandise for customers.
- Pulls orders to match manifests.
- Prepares and maintains records in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Provides assistance to resolve customer issues.
Nature and Scope
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor.
- Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, and techniques. Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior coworker or supervisor.
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment that may be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 5% of the time.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. Specialized skills training/certification may be required. Generally 2-5 years of experience in area of responsibility.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- Proper licensing relative to equipment.
- Forklift certification.
Job Locations US-NC-Charlotte
Posted Date 6 days ago (11/17/2020 2:50 PM)
Job ID 2020-40469
Business Unit Facilities Maintenance
Functional Area Transportation
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 28206
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.