Today, with our current team members, we have the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.
Please review the job profile below and apply today!
Currently, Meijer is looking for a Tractor/Trailer Operator (Truck Driver)..
The individual selected for this position will be responsible for:
- Driving Class A equipment
- Making deliveries from the distribution centers to Meijer stores on time within established guidelines
- Picking up backhauls at various vendors and delivering them to the distribution centers in a timely fashion
- Yard switching (trailer movement on complex) on an as needed basis
- Additionally, the individual needs to be responsible and professional at all times.
- This is a Full time year round position
- Local routes and home everyday
- Make between $ 60,000-75,000 A Year
- Be 21 years of age or older
- Minimum one year truck driving experience or successful completion of credited, approved truck driving school
- Hold a valid CDL-A license (either must have or be able to obtain a Hazmat endorsement as Meijer Logistics LLC is a certified Hazmat carrier)
- Have no moving violations in the last year
- Have no more than two moving violations in the last three years
- Obtain a MVR from the Michigan Secretary of State and present to interviewer for the Meijer Private Fleet (not more than thirty days old)
- Be able to pass a road test conducted by Meijer Private Fleet management consisting of several factors and at twenty miles in length
- Be able to pass a DOT driver physical and DOT pre-employment drug test
- Have the ability to work nights/days, holidays and weekends
- Customer Focus Orientation - Acts with customers in mind
- Drive for Results - Exceeds goals and focuses on the bottom-line\\
- Ethics and Values - Acts in line with core values in good and bad times
- Interpersonal Savvy - Relates well to all kinds of people and builds effective relationships