Monday to Friday
Day & Ross Inc is currently seeking a full-time Owner Operator for our Commerce division in Montreal, QC.
The Owner Operator is responsible for ensuring proper, safe and timely handling of a tractor trailer between terminals locally, both loaded and unloaded.
With a focus on quality customer service that extends to our valued employees, Day & Ross has been continuously recognized as an honored recipient of Canada's Best Managed Companies since 2005.
Day & Ross is committed to an exceptional customer experience. We achieve this by being: authentic, committed, caring, trusted, and enthusiastic.
To be successful in this role, you will exceptionally complete the following (not an exhaustive list of responsibilities):
• Report any incidents of safety violation or security breaches.
• May be required to move freight from the back to the front of the trailer using a manual pallet jack.
• Maintain tractor in a respectable and clean condition.
• Other related duties as may be required.
To be qualified for this role, please ensure your resume clearly displays some or all of the following:
• Minimum of 12 months verified safe Tractor Trailer driving experience
• Possess heavy vehicle driver license (Class 1 license)
• Excellent driving skills with a focus on attentive and defensive driving
• Must have a safety first mind set and be self-motivated.
• Able to communication in English - written and verbal
• Customer service focused
• English, other languages an asset
• Legally authorized to work in Canada
• Satisfactory drivers abstract (no older than 30 days), including no DUI violations in past five (5) years; no over the road preventable accidents (yard accidents will be reviewed); no more than two (2) moving violations in past two (2) years; no defensive driving infractions as outlined in onboarding document
• Satisfactory criminal record check (no older than three (3) months)
• One season winter driving experience
• Road test by Day & Ross approved third party driving school
Internal reference code: #zrqc